Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my RC there was a plan rubber mat and no carpet. Which is all right with me. But I was wondering if I could just put a roll on bedliner which is $60 or a whole new carpet for $100+.
And with the bedliner i could clean out my truck quicker than if i had carpet. i will go mudding alot so I think the bedliner will be the better choice. Just wanted to see if you guys would think that would be a good idea or not. And if you have any pointers on putting the bed liner in I would like it if you would share them with me.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
bed liner vs carpet? thats a no brainer. carpet will hold mud and grime and oil and whatever else, then it will start to stink. get some herculiner one of the the other DIY roll on bedliners.

Duane

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the Dupili-Color Stuff in my RC it works ok but i didnt get it thick enough, I should have used herculiner
Dave

·
Registered
368 Posts
Rhino line or line-x is what i would go with, that is what i will be doing once i get the $$

·
Registered
71 Posts
nonono...trust me, i lined my entire vehicle with herculiner, its been three months now, and its beginning to chip and scratch. Now i have to spend money on carpet(which if you do it yourself is only about 30 bucks w/ adhesives)--maybe its just the herculiner, but my vehicle is alot colder now and alot noiser.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
1978ramcharger said:
nonono...trust me, i lined my entire vehicle with herculiner, its been three months now, and its beginning to chip and scratch. Now i have to spend money on carpet(which if you do it yourself is only about 30 bucks w/ adhesives)--maybe its just the herculiner, but my vehicle is alot colder now and alot noiser.
take a look at this product on the net - durabak bed liner - i used this product to line my d150 bed -- looks great -- so far in 6 months use, i have not had any prob. comes in several different colors. as with most products like this, preperation is the key to getting a good result. i used 2 gal for a long bed + step bumper and bed rails. had a small amount left over. i think it looks as good as linex. can be sprayed on (which i did) using an undercoat gun at 50# pressure. i have a photo i will try to post. to see photos click on WWW on this post.

·
Registered
368 Posts
my flatbed has rhino liner on it, and it is great, it costs a little but well worth it

·
Registered
368 Posts
sorry didnt finish, im in school and the im not suppost to be on here, the rhino liner i have on my truck is red on top and black on bottom, its over a 1/8 inch thick and its is very grippy but not super soft but is softer than Line-X, would be perfict for your ramcharger

·
Registered
368 Posts
for my full size flat bed it was $650 but that was for top and bottom and for red, the standard colors are black and gray. my moms 99 ram has rhino liner is gray, and it is a short bed i think that spray was under $400, but once this stuff is on, it is for ever. I will call the rhino shop here in Fargo ND tonight to find a price for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.