Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a guy today who is willing to trade me his great condition step-side bed for my cancer-eaten, ****** tonneau cover snap havin', broken trim wearin' crappy old short-wide bed straight across. My bed has a hole in it where some stupid moron ran an aux fuel tank filler neck thru the floor, and some jerk off stole my tailgate a coupla weeks ago. No matter, the hinge and latch were broken on the left side anyway, and the latch and hinge part of the bed are also broken. Anyway, on to the question. I'm thinkin I'm prolly gonna need to get new bolts to make this conversion, so what type and size do I need to bolt on 2 beds? Also, how easy or hard is it gonna be to wire up the lights, and what's the fuel filler situation gonna be for the factory tank? It's a 79 bed, so the neck is on the side, not in the cab. Any forseeable problems? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, actually, I'm gonna put in a piece of diamond-plate aluminum for the bed floor and make a little trap door for the aux fuel tank. But it's gonna look like someone at least had some idea of what they were doing when I get done, not like what I have now.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was surprised that all the bolts came out of the 2 beds and went back in with relative ease. I was afraid of twisting them off. Got it all done. Now I gotta figure out what color to paint it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
MudFlap said:
I was surprised that all the bolts came out of the 2 beds and went back in with relative ease. I was afraid of twisting them off. Got it all done. Now I gotta figure out what color to paint it.
Paint it PLAID

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
First off, DON'T PAINT IT POOP BROWN or BABY POO GREEN!!!! Those colors can make anyone physically ill. Paint it black, or Mopar orange, or maybe....Plum Crazy? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.