Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts
I may could have used less, but I went with Snowflake's weights pretty much based on tire size.

Now that I know it works, and I can change it for about 2 hrs or work and 7 bucks, I will adjust it later to see how low a weight I can go.

I have heard of them, but they were kinda pricey.....did yo find out how much they are ??

I would rather not have bb's in my tires if I can do it any other way......

big jim said:
Was at the local tire store getting some boots for the quad. Had some time on my hands while waiting for the specialized eequipment to mount them when I ran across this nifty product. Looks like a hubcap. Goes on before your wheel. Constructed of 20 gauge galvanized steel with aluminum balancing ring around outside. Ring contains non-magnetic media suspended in a synthetic oil. As the wheel rotates balancing weights redistribute automatically with centrifugal force insuring a smooth ride. You will nevr have to balance your wheels again.
25 or so years ago there was a plastic ring mounted on a piece of metal with lots of differently spaced holes that mounted on the hub before the wheel was put on. The tube contained a liquid and I believe there was some sort of metal balls inside. Centfigual force is what made it balance out the tire. When starting up there was a little vibration but it did work as the speed increased.

Is this it?http://www.centramatic.com/New_Catalog/

TheRamChargerMan said:
it's called equal...and if it gets moisture in it (like from airing down and back up) it clumps and makes the problem worse.
Been there, sucked bad.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Well I just checked two of the tires and the inside looks just as it did when new, BB's are a little shinier is all. Im resting easy about it from now on ;D.

BB's DO NOT hurt a tire, not mine anyway, just thought I would let ya'll know.

How many miles? How much trail vs street? Any more info?

bump! I saw your other thread about this!!

so does one do this to just bias ply tires, or radials as well? If one person could just put up all the information at one time, it'd be easier than trying to pick info from different posts. Thanks guys, and VERY intriguing topic.

Bob

I just bought 4 packets of equal for my new 44s.  They are 10oz each.  Does anyone know what the special valve cores are for?  Also, what if I throw just a couple bb's in with the equal.  Do you think this would keep the powder broken up?

Discussion starter · #57 ·
No damage inside whatsoever. Tires are half worn on a different truck now and I go down the interstate everyday.
There is some talk now of using airsoft pellets in place of bb's. Probably not a bad idea.

Just an idea:
Someone with access to a professional balancing machine could remove all weights and try different numbers of BBs in the tire to see how they effect balance.
Also what are airsoft pellets?

georgeda said:
Also what are airsoft pellets?
Basicly plastic bb's, I seem to remember reading something about them heating up and sticking together tho.
I LIKE the bb idea to keep the equal broken up tho!!

I am putting the equal/bb combo in my truck today.  I'll let you know how it goes.  The truck didn't ride too bad with those 44 swampers and no weight though.  It was good to about 70 mph. Now I should be able to do 100, lol.  :D

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.