Dodge RamCharger Central banner

BB's in my tires

9K views 70 replies 27 participants last post by  eralov 
big jim said:
MoPaR MaNiaC 79RC said:
Becuse when using conventional balencing it cost money and doesn't self adjust. the idea behind using bb's is that in stead making flat spot on a bias-ply worse, it'll help to balence them out. and you dont need special epuipment to do it
First of all he did say mt/r which I beleive is a radial tire. Personnally if I were buying a bias-ply tire I wouldn't even try to balance them because they ride like shit anyway. Does anyone buy a big bias swamper for thier daily driver and expect to get a good ride on the highway? How much is it to balance a tire in CT? It should be nominal compared to the price of the tire. Yes I am aware it takes "special equipment" to balance a tire but it has been my experience that this equipment is generally near other"specialized equipment" that is used to mount a tire. When buying tires I take advantage of both of these services.
Well, Maniac was talking from our experience (we're brothers). Thats true, bias plies do ride like crap, and a lot of places wont balance a tire bigger then 33" anyways. We paid $10 per wheel to have them balanced but it dosn't help all that much like you said. So, next time Im just going to spend $10 on BB's for all the tires, that way we wont need to bother paying to have them put lead weights on that arn't very effective, can fall off, and cost 4x as much. And BB's automatically change balance so the flat spots will go away sooner and so on the road the tires will last longer a ride better then with lead.

well if you stop buying interco garbage you can get hardcore offroad tires, in radial, with enough plies to stop a bullet.....
Interco garbage? Show me a better all around offroad tire then a TSL or Bogger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.