Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bb has been runnin great till a few days ago i got it fired back up today and got it to the end of the street and it just died now it wont fire it will crank all day long but wont fire. any ideas????

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
check your timing. ....... see if #1 plug fires anywhere close to #1 cylinder getting to TDC .......... sounds like you jumped timing. ........ another possability is your coil or other ignition part failed. trouble shoot those and let me know what you find if that checks out i will have to brain storm ........ as much info as possable will make the job easier. David

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I just looked at it... and the distributer was still loose from when we first fired it up... played with it and runs better... but the main prob is the carb... that thing needs a kit bad.... anyone good with thermoquads?

·
2,317 Posts
do you have spark or fuel? did you change the ceramic resister? seen that many times.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got it runnin for about 5 mins went to drive it start poppin and runnin like shit then just cut out. lost ALL power and it backfired real real bad and thats all she wrote im lost here

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
sounds like jumped time. time for a new timing chain(check it firts tho )

·
2,317 Posts
back firing thro carb or exhuast?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Chad.. do the carb first... it needs help bad!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts