Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
62,315 Posts
Heck yea, I would drive it. Looke to be great condition. Rare? yea, but do not plan on getting rich.

I wonder what the special road test is. I would dig that job, taking a 440 out for a drive, and getting paid to boot. {cruise}

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to work out a deal, plan on keeping it.  Just didn’t want to start taking things off or changing the paint job if it was super rare or some kind of special low numbers ramcharger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Keep it original as possible.
and it's true you won't get rich, but you'll have a sweet ride.

Bucky

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I definitely wouldn't repaint it.  While Ramchargers are not very rare or even highly valued, the Top Hand decals are very rare to see now and no one reproduces them that I am aware of.  Probably the rarest and most desirable part of the whole truck is the grille guard, but I wouldn't separate it.  I would just clean it up, touch up the paint a bit and enjoy it.  If you want to change one up, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone willing to trade you a less interesting and less historically significant one for it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree. Just clean it up, get some new tires add fuel and drive / enjoy it as is.
Great find

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Wow, that is a great find.

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
WOW!  :eek:  Awesome find! YES that is a rare truck especially with a 440. Buff out the paint and put spray silicone on the decals to shine them up and be done.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Browngiant said:
I was able to work out a deal, plan on keeping it. Just didn't want to start taking things off or changing the paint job if it was super rare or some kind of special low numbers ramcharger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do Not, I repeat Do NOT change anything. Only 200 Tophands made. You found the deal of a lifetime and when you're ready to sell contact me first. ;D

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
Blauram said:
Do Not, I repeat Do NOT change anything. Only 200 Tophands made. You found the deal of a lifetime and when you're ready to sell contact me first. ;D
I'l second that!

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
If I were you, I'd contact phoenixgraphix.com and see if they would like to reproduce those decals, so that they do not disappear forever. And that way you or the next owner might be able to restore that truck to original appearance, maybe when RCs become more valued, a few decades from now

Ed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.