Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I try to log in to RCC on my phone (droid), the site gives me a message that I have been banned indefinitely due to spamming.

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
So log in with your computer.  ;D

This is happening with cell phones, because they use a small number of IP addresses, and the spam detectors will block the IP address when they get a spammer.

We do not have control of the spammer blocker. The overloards have been looking into this, I kinda doubt they can do much, either accept that a lot of cell phone IP's will keep getting banned, or open up all, and let the spammers spam away.  {noclue}

For now, wait a few mins, and try again & hope the cell phone company picks you a better IP address.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotcha. at least there is a reason for it. i wasn't sure if it was an isolated incident or not. first time i have seen it. but it has been that way for about 3 weeks now.

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
What phone company are you with?

I'll bump this up to them again.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I have had this happen to. I logged out then cleared my cookies. I log back in  and everything worked fine. I am with Verizon.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Verison here also.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
verizon here too...tired of this $240 bill  for 2 phones:-[

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
X2, problem solved after deleting cookies.
Reappears seldom if i use my mobile internet on the laptop.
Seems to be a cookie and ip-range related problem (same ISP but different IP-range due to mobile connection instead of local wired connection).

Using T-Mobile by the Telekom from Germany.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just happened to me again. Will have to see if I can figure out how to clean out my phone. Last time it just went away on its own. Also noticed today, that I cannot use smileys? WTH gives there? I know I have seen a "disable smileys" button before (not sure if it was RCC or a diff site). I have looked all over trying to figure out how to turn them back on. But I can't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
The smiley bit appears to be a site issue or something.  I don't have the issue myself, so I can't really comment on what is going on with it.

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  :mad:  :(  :eek:  8)  ???  ::)  :p  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
clear you phone cache/cookies/passwords like stated and it should work.
I went through the same thing.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The honey and i are on a prepaid bit and it's like 45/mo for each phone, unlimited everything.  tough to beat. 

·
Registered
673 Posts
This just started happening to me, just with the phone.

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Wilsonphil said:
This just started happening to me, just with the phone.
see if you can find out what IP addresses they're using to route you through.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad someone else was having this problem.

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Do a "tracert" in the command line and let me know where it gets blocked.

·
Registered
673 Posts
and now my Ipad says I'm banned, so every mobile device I have now says I'm banned

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
ping the site with a tracert command and tell me what IP address is blocked.  I can likely unblock it if you tell me the numbers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts