Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why when I login from my computer I get a message saying that I am banned from using the forum?  It also says Spam in the bottom of the message!
However, I can login just fine from my phone.  Also, any tips on how to use the app for the forum?  How can I find it?

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
More then likely the IP address your computer is using, has been used to spam this site, or another site owned by the site owner.

If it was a ban on you, most likely you would be banned by the IP address, and your user name.

I'm not all up on all the techno gizmo. but try disconnecting your computer and modem from the internet for a half hr or more, and hopefully you will get assigned another IP address when you connect it again.

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Get on your computer and go to a command line and run "tracert" to us. Report back the IP address numbers and I can look them up.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
200 Posts
Wskaik1 said:
Does anyone know why when I login from my computer I get a message saying that I am banned from using the forum? It also says Spam in the bottom of the message!
However, I can login just fine from my phone. Also, any tips on how to use the app for the forum? How can I find it?
I took a look at your profile and you're account doesn't look banned, and the IP doesn't seem to be flagged. Are you still that spam message?

In terms of the app, have you downloaded the Autoguide app? Was there a certain feature on it that you needed help with?

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
VAdmin said:
I took a look at your profile and you're account doesn't look banned, and the IP doesn't seem to be flagged. Are you still that spam message?
Cheers,
Sheena
If I understand it right, the system does not capture IP's for failed logon attempts. Thats why we have to keep asking the member to get it, and report back. Everytime I see this, I ask myself how many members we are losing, because they do not have another way to access the internet, or another members e-mail, to get these messages back to us.

If there is a way we could add a routine to capture the IP's of failed logons for registered members, we could get them back on line faster.

Or if we could ban the spammers name permanently, and have a time limit for the IP ban, currently it is all permanent, or all for a set time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue of being banned on my home wifi. I am able to access through my cellular data. Who can help get me off the banned list?

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
We can help but will need the IP address that is banned.  Looking at your account, the only one in use is the one you are using now, not others are listed so we can't check them.  PM me your router's IP at home and I will try to see what is going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts