Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was said on a 360 stroker you can externaly bal.true. and you dont need heavy metal ??.mother mopar sent a sheet w/ my 4"crank and told me to internaly bal w/ hm. mopar mus. had a 4 part article saying bal... int... car craft ..also said the same.. sam who built my engine,also builds 410 engines for the wing boys. has all of his engines int.bal.he told me the rod angle was so sharp an ext. bal. wouldnt live. it would set up an internal harmonic and distory the engine....in one of the mopar books they said you could bal.by a knife edging on the crank ..the reason it isnt done it isnt leagel in racing ..dosent . efect us... now this johnny 5 is willing to learn ..input input...with all of mopar saying int. bal...tell me what you know , under stand i am interested.if you are willing to share.. this is realy a topic of interest to me, i have always been abal. or as the case may be unbal nut or just nuts.. thanks qp

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Dude explain this much better than u did or u will get nothing in response . I think even the best engine guys here read this and will draw a blank word it so an idiot can understand what u just said and type all your words out .

bt83rc

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It has always been my understanding its always advised to balance anything internally. Personally I think trying to balance something externally is going the 'cheap' route and you will not get the best results. This is not to say that balancing externally is wrong, cause i'm sure that it can be done right where it would have no ill effects on the engine. But I would just go ahead and get it balanced internally. It shouldn't cost too much more than a normal balance job.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well at 3 am it sounded ok to ..and 318 responded and didnt seem to have a neg .cument .. inoticed a lock.dude..if you dont think its good ,tell me what i did wrong or remove it this is my way i guess it comes from living on a farm ,and possably to dam long QUINN :-[ :-[

1 - 4 of 4 Posts