Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I've been dealing with this for some time now, along with other ailments. Finally got the MRI done yesterday. We should get the results back Monday. Got hurt on the job, but afrade company may try to jerk me around. Espically since I had back surgery 18 years ago. Just have to wait and see how it all plays out. I'm hoping its nothing major. Just want to know where the pain is coming from and why. ???

·
7,250 Posts
I know it does Skip, been dealing with my own for years. I'll be praying it is something easily fixed.

Chris

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a number of us on here with the same and other ailments. Damn I hate getting older. Notice I didn't say old.  lol

·
7,250 Posts
Toyradio said:
There are a number of us on here with the same and other ailments. Damn I hate getting older. Notice I didn't say old. lol
I did notice. I will be 47 in a couple of weeks which my kids claim is old. I just tell them that if they are feeling froggy to jump. Even at my advanced "age" and with my disabilities they are still too afraid to take on the old man, lol.

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
My kids keep telling me they will have their revenge when my ass is permanently attached to a wheelchair!

·
7,250 Posts
mudbuggy said:
My kids keep telling me they will have their revenge when my ass is permanently attached to a wheelchair!
My kids tell me that I get a kitchen chair with baby buggy wheels on it, lol

Chris

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
good luck and hope it's not too serious.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had back surgery in 2001 due to a work related injury. It was a pain in the ass until I got a lawyer involved. I didn't want to go that route but my employer didn't want to file it under workers comp. The surgery was good and fixed the problem. Now I'm starting to get back pain again because I'm getting older and aren't as active. It blows. I use to take vioxx which was like a wonder drug. Then they banned it. I'm thinking about going back to the doctor and getting some kind of antiinflamatory. Just don't know what's out there. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Hope it all works out for you,

I have a couple of friends who have been through back surgery for bulging disc impacting on the sciata nerve. 

Just do a bunch of internet research on the latest and greatest in back treatments and surgery operations.  They have made some serious strides in the last ten years or so, especially with disc related injuries.

Fingers crossed

Chris

·
Registered
568 Posts
  I got hurt on the job quite a few years ago and did'nt want to go the comp root eather . I had about 600 lb's fall on my head . The hospital sucked . They did'nt even do an x ray . They sent me to one of there so called doctors . So I found a reel doctor , And once I was on comp , the ins. company gave me such the run around that it prolonged any test for so long that once I did finaly get my test done it was to late . My doctor still can't figure out why I'm still walking and not balling my eye's out . So yah get a "good" lawyer and don't trust anything the ins company tries to tell you or there so called unbias doctors . Hope in your case it's nothing to serious and I wish you all the luck .            Phil 

·
7,250 Posts
v737d said:
Hope it all works out for you,

I have a couple of friends who have been through back surgery for bulging disc impacting on the sciata nerve.

Just do a bunch of internet research on the latest and greatest in back treatments and surgery operations. They have made some serious strides in the last ten years or so, especially with disc related injuries.

Fingers crossed

Chris
They have, especially in pain management. I had a radio frequency neurotomy (spelling?) done in January. This procedure they first go in and make sure which areas are causing pain. Then, a few days later, they go in and zap those nerve ends with some electricity and kill them. Both times it is done with needles and is pretty painless. The object is to get 6 months to a year of pain free living. So far, after six months I have been relatively pain free, My back can and will still hurt if I do something stupid like I did on Monday but I sure recommend this procedure to anyone.

Chirs

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went to the doc this morning because my back was really hurting yesterday. He gave me a shot that is something like cortisone and celibrex. I have used vioxx in the past and that was great. I'm hoping the celibrex is just as good. Also I would put off surgery as long as possible and only use it as a last resort. If you do decide to get surgery you should look into laser spine surgery. There's one in Tampa and both my parents went there after multiple back surgeries. Not only do they fix other doctors srew ups but they do a less invasive procedure which doesn't cause scar tissue. It's pricey though!

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm actually feeling better. Still stiff and hurt when I get up in the morning or sit infront of this thing for long. . I see the dr in another week and we'll see. So far company is treating me okay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts