Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I've done it. Went and hurt my back again. As if once wasn't enough. Not sure just what I did but it was at work. They "think" it's a pulled muscle and/or a pinched cyatic (sp) nerve. I saw a dr and he did x-rays. They didn't show anything out of the ordinary. I've already went through back surgery 18 years ago. At times I can't hardly walk. It hurts to drive to work then walk to the bus. If I sit for any length of time I can't hardly get up. Staying up on my feet gives me some relief. Sleeping on a heating pad helps at night. Please take care of yourselves. As we get older our aches and pains do get worse. It takes longer to hear and easier to hurt. Thanks James aka: 89PWRWGN for all your help this past week. You my friend are a great friend. Can't say enough about your help. One day I'll find a way to repay you. But you have to get on the list with Tugboat (Mike) Tazman440 (Will), Mr. Peal (Jamie), Swampthing360 (Mike),  Samdaman (Sam),Workgoats (Ron), FoMOCo (Nick) and so many more of the Texas Chapter. This is much more than just a site of truck enthusiasts.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I'll drink to taking care of your back. I wrecked my back in H.S. showing off. Now I have to watch what I do or how I move...

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
I hear ya Skip. I have muscle problems in my back too at times. I can remember crawling on the floor because I couldn't stand up a few years ago.  :-\

Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Sucks to hear about your back skip. At 26 I already have a terrible back. I've thrown mine out numerous times. Once required an ER visit because I couldnt walk. The most recent "throw out" happened on Xmas Eve. I was literally opening a box at work with a box cutter. I pulled the knife towards me like I always do, and then I was on the ground, couldnt really move for about 10 min. It made for a rough holiday season.

I drive 225 miles a day and it is taking its toll on my back. Usually after about 15 miles in the car, my back starts to get sore. By the time I get home at night, my back is killing me. Ibuprofen does keep me somewhat sane.

mopar65pa said:
I hear ya Skip. I have muscle problems in my back too at times. I can remember crawling on the floor because I couldn't stand up a few years ago. :-\

Good luck to you.
This has happened to me a couple times. Good lord it sucks. Its kind of scary too because of how intense the pain can be.

G

·
Yessir, back pain does indeed suck. Does your leg hurt from about your back pocket down? Sciatic, or so I was told.  Do you have a bulged disc or two?

I used to drive an old '70 Mack vacuum truck around the oilpatch, the spring ride seat was shot, bottomed out all the time, basically slammed my butt on the floorboard.  Have a couple bulged discs, had to hold on to the truck bed for a few minutes before I could walk, and the years haven't helped. Went out again last year, still not 100%.  I feel your pain, hope you get to motivating better soon.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
hope you feel better soon Skip. know it all too well.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
chiropractor has been a good help for me after I threw my back out in February.
Have an appointment for an adjustment on Monday.
It's been a month since the last adjustment, and it's starting to tighten up and be a bit annoying.
With mine, after a few days driving itself wasn't bad, until I had to clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts