Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gauging the interest there may be for an AZ Chapter trip up to Moab this October, say, around the 10th or so. That's a holiday weekend.

Any interest?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
That sounds good, looks like i need to kick myself in the butt and get my truck going. ;D

I just need save a bit more and get my engine and tranny and a few other misc items.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Moab.... that would be cool. You guys could meet me on the way up even. I'll have to give that some thought fo sure. As most everyone else, I'd have a few bugs to work out of the RC before such a long trip, but it would be do-able. Would you trailer up?
Mike

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I should have the gears done in the RC by then. If all goes well back in Carlisle PA, maybe even sooner{cool}

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Lets make it officially Oct. 10th-13th.

This will hopfully be a multi Chapter shin-dig. {cool}

I'll be there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Oct 10-13 would be awsome. I should have the weekend off already, so hopefully I'll be able to go. I just need to get a few things on my RC and I'll be set. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, this is looking real good. justplainjoe also said he was interested, and I talked to Mohammad yesterday about it and he wants to go too.

Trent, since you've been there, can you help us out with directions and where to camp and so forth?

We'll keep this one on the front burner till Oct rolls around. We'll be ready for a break from the heat by then.

This is gonna be fun!

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
I did some checking, and Moab's average October temps are around 74F in the day, and 40F at night. So it should be quite pleasant. But plan for extremes, it could be cold and snowing or 95F and sunny, anything is possible.
http://www.moab-utah.com/rack/climate.html

For camping, I recommend the KOA. It's about 2 miles south of town, on the east side of the highway. Thats where I usually stay. The cabins are nice, the tent sites are ok, and the "facilities" are nice, clean, and private too. If you tent, you will be sleeping on sand, but you "Arid-zona" folks should be used to that. ;D
http://www.moabkoa.com

There is also the Slickrock Campground which many people like. It's at the north end of town near the Colorado River on the west side of the highway. I was just looking at their web site and the cabins are cheaper there. My brother has stayed there at the Slickrock Campground, I'll ask him how he liked it tommorrow.
www.slickrockcampground.com/

Basiclly, I expect it go kinda like this. Friday, mostly travel, maybe meet in the evening for those that are there, and go visit the near by attractions like Potato Salad Hill and Lion's Back, or wander the many tourist shops in town. Maybe we'll even cruise out to the Proving Grounds or Lower Helldorado just so people can check 'em out. Saturday and Sunday will be the major wheeling days. Monday will be light (kind of a cool down day), then head home Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

How does that sound?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
sounds awesome!

except for the snow part. Should i bring a long sleeve shirt?

i wonder if i own a long sleeve shirt.. ???

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
I really, highly, doubt it will snow. Moab's record snowfall for the month of October is less than 1". Nonetheless, I would recommend a long sleeve shirt (and a coat) for the chilly mornings at least.

·
Registered
509 Posts
As long as It looks like this......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sounds very bueno, Trent. Both those campsites look good, but we're going to look into the KOA first off.

Edit: Another group has reserved 15 cabins at the KOA, and there's 6 cabins left right now. If you want one you better jump on it! Their rates are slightly lower than stated on the website too.

Slickrock's cabins are all reserved already for that weekend. Both places have tent sites available.

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Alright, I just submitted my reservation at the KOA.

·
29,907 Posts
There is also a very nice RV campsite at Ken's lake for those that have RV's. The only draw back is it is about a 15 min. drive to town.
Also, if we are unable to all camp together, and if anybody likes more primitive camping, and is camping out of there vehicle (no trailers) I know some very cool spots.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, in light of this trip, I went down and got a locker for the front...hehe locked front and rear.

So, left on my todo list:

• Ubolt Flip
  • Shock Remount
  • A few odds and ends

Oh yeah, I forgot:

• Onboard Air
  • Soft Top
  • Full Roll Cage

Moab sure is a lot of work....:)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
cool ;D

will i ever be able to keep up with the Mighty Ramus?

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
GunPilot said:
Ok, in light of this trip, I went down and got a locker for the front...hehe locked front and rear.

So, left on my todo list:

• Ubolt Flip
  • Shock Remount
  • A few odds and ends

Oh yeah, I forgot:

• Onboard Air
  • Soft Top
  • Full Roll Cage

Moab sure is a lot of work....:)
LMAO! George, you crack me up! ;D What locker did you get?

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got a Lock-Right. Some people say they are not the strongest, but Joe is running one in the rear axle behind a 440, and it's going strong. So I figured it would be OK in the front D44.

Now I'm eyeballing the chromoly axleshafts and CTM Ujoints...

Gee, Moab sure is expensive!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
how are the road manners with the locker up front?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.