Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I don't think there would be anything to stop axle wrap with 12" blocks, except to replace the shocks with some solid steel rods, but that would make for a rough ride.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dont have the blocks, thats about it. You could try a traditional traction bar, but it wouldnt stop it totally

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
The problem is those 12 inch long blocks. They are exerting too much leverage on the springs.

I don't have a problem with the use of blocks if you keep them relatively short, but IMO 12 inches is simply excessive. I would have to suggest you cut those stilts down to at most 6 inches. Blocks of any length will need some kind of traction bars. The simpliest type would be a pair of bars that go from the axle up to the frame. The bars should be as long as the rear driveshaft and mount to the frame and axle with some kind of flexable joint, such as Heim joints. I would not recomment welded on ladder bars as these siginificantly reduce the amount of axle articulation.

Reading that your truck has alot of lift using blocks that are 12 inches long. I have to wonder what the front axle is lifted with. I hope my response to you was about the rear axle. But if you are using blocks on the front axle, I have to recommend you remove them completely. Even if they are welded on, blocks used on a front axle are very dangerous, even on trail only rigs.

Ed

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
12 inch blocks? yeah id say axle wrap is a problem. the best and safest thing to do would be get rid of the blocks.

Duane

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm curious where you found u-bolts long enough to run silly 12" blocks.

If this post is not some kind of joke, you might try running the beefiest springs you can find, maybe some 1 tons or something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Compensating for something? ::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts