Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
AMC360 said:
I've been looking into upgrading my rear dana 60 to 35 spline axles and a new locker. I was wondering if anybody else has done this and if its worth the money.
It might be overkill with what you are doing with your rig, but you can actually upgrade to 40 spline axles and a detroit locker to match. :)

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I'm going to 35 splines axles and a spool in the rear. No need for 40 spline, but I know of someone who twisted a 30 spline axle apart with a tired old stock 360.....and mine is neither.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I'd say 40 spline sounds like overkill since right now I can only run 38's, but like you said I'm kinda scaried my built 360 might tare through the 30 splines i've got now.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm going to do the same with my Ramcharger, picked up a set of F/R 60s from a 79 P/U. Intend to rebuild them with aftermarket 35 spline axleshafts, a Detroit in the rear and a Powr Lock front. Several companies make the shafts to stock or custom lengths so it shouldn't be hard to get what you need.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I have a Detroit and 35 spline axles in the rear of my 81. Trac-Loc and 35's in the front.

·
Registered
965 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts