Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Avoid Pershing Auto Body Parts in Decatur, IL

34K views 56 replies 13 participants last post by  Sam Simpson 
#1 ·
Awhile back, I purchased upper and lower bumper covers for my Ram on E-bay from Pershing Auto Body Parts. When the parts arrived, I put them in the corner until I ordered an recieved the rest of the parts needed to fix my truck. When my body man unpacked the parts, the items that Pershing sent me were damaged. Both items had deep gouging in them. Also, the clips that hold the parts onto the bumper fell off, and they did not even fit the bumper correctly. In short, they knowingly sent me junk parts.

I've been trying to get ahold of Pershing for over a month now, and none of my messages have been returned. I've had to resort to filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the FBI's internet fraud division. I don't know if either agency will actually do anything about my complaint, but it's worth a try at this point.

Avoid Pershing Auto Body at all costs. They don't care about the customer, and their parts are junk! All they care about is ripping off hard working folks to pad their bank accounts.

PERSHING AUTO BODY PARTS
5080 NORTH BRUSH COLLEGE RD
DECATUR, IL 62526.
TOLL FREE-1-866-807-0003
PERSHINGAUTOBODY@AOL.COM
E-BAY ID  allatpershing

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't agree with you more. I have also had a bad experience with these guys. I am still waiting for my order!! And on top of that, they lied in their feedback on eBay regarding the transaction.

Like you, I have filed a BBB complaint, and also a FTC complaint for misleading shipping dates.

PM me if you are interested in being part of a coordinated group effort against this guy.

Thx

#3 ·
Did you also tell E-bay of this?

#4 ·
eBay has been notified by dozens, if not hundreds, of folks...they won't do anything. Guy averages about 1-2 negative feedbacks a day. Has over 300 "non-positive" feedbacks. In some cases he will admit fault (although rarely) and then proceed to trash the buyer with negative feedback so that the buyer gets a negative feedback (and for what?). Stay away from this guy. He is a real "winner". Eventually, someone is going to take him down.

#5 ·
BOOMER said:
Did you also tell E-bay of this?
Yup, neither E-bay or SquareTrade have been remotely helpful with this. E-bay doesn't care as long as it gets its money. The Better Business Bureau hasn't been all that helpful either, so now I'm definatelty screwed out of the $130 I spent for junk parts. :mad:

#6 ·
l wish l had seen this before l ordered my upper & lower bumper covers / l,m in the middle of the same BULL you guys are posting about / Junk parts / and YES l,ll be part of a Class action suit if then dont fix this soon

#7 ·
Sorry to hear they got you too. I never got the situation settled, and all of the consumer protection agencies I contacted were of no help at all.  :mad:

#9 ·
You're very lucky then. I still have nothing but shitty parts, and I've contacted the BBB, the FBI's internet fraud dept., local LE, and a few other agencies. Oh well, I've written it off by now...life goes on.

#10 ·
Any updates?  They are saying on their auctions that customer service is their new priority, or something like that. 

#11 ·
They've been saying that since shortly after I had problems with them...and that's been a year now. lol. They still haven't made things right with me.

#12 ·
#13 ·
I recieved a letter from the Illinois Attorney General today. It basically states that BBB has received enough complaints to warrant them requesting info from the BBB, then contacting all of those who've filed complaints and investigating whether or not legal action from the state is warranted.

#15 ·
Hello,

This is Pershing Auto Body Parts.
We had some issues when we had first started this business as you can see. Since 2006 (over the last couple years we have made changes to the way we do business. Since then we have overall been an excellent company with great customer service, great parts, and great shipping policies. We have made a complete change of our overall business procedures. We do encourage all to give us another chance that had bad experiences in the past. I can assure you that this time will be different. I will add our contact information below and anyone that would like to give us a try please email pershingautobody@aol.com and write that you seen this post on Ramcharger and we will offer you a 5% discount on the price of your parts. Once again I can assure you that this time will be better.

Thanks,

Pershing Auto Body Parts
346 State Highway 121
Warrensburg, IL 62573

Email: pershingautobody@aol.com

Yahoo: URL: www.pershingauto.com

Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/PERSHING-AUTO-BODY-PARTS_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pershing+auto+body+parts

Local - 217-672-8325
Toll Free - 1-866-807-0003
Fax - 217-672-8329

Hours Central Time

M-F 8am - 5pm
Sat-8am - 12pm
Sun-Closed

#16 ·
Wow, a 5% discount for junk parts and shitty service.  ::) No thanks. I'll pay full price from a company that doesn't have a history of ripping people off.

#17 ·
As we indicated in the previous email we will gladly take care of you on any future purchases. We had major issues when we started out but now everything is going great. All we ask is for a second chance and we can guarantee you will be satisfied this time around. Companies do make mistakes as they are not perfect and we would just like a second chance to make things right.

#19 ·
As the saying goes "Scam me once-Shame on you, Scam me twice= Shame on me"

5% off the next scam, is still a scam.

#20 ·
If you check our feedback you can see we are not scammers.
We would love to fix this issue with you. What can we do to make this right for you without you having to pay anything out of pocket? Again we are a much better company now than what we were 3 years ago so please let us fix any outstanding issues with you.

#21 ·
Hmmm...I have in fact ordered on 2 separate occasions in 2008.

Fast shipping and ok parts.

If I could think of a single complaint it was the lack of shipping protection on the fender I ordered which changed the part from good to ok. Next time use a box please.  ;D

Otherwise quite satisfied, would have to say 4 out of 5.

#22 ·
Ram_Guy_09 said:
We would love to fix this issue with you.
Then send me a check for the $130 you swindled out of me. I won't hold my breath though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.