Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not get the shift lever into the park position. It would go through all the gears up to reverse. I checked the linkage and nothing was interfering with it. I removed the linkage from the trans lever and the shift lever would then move throughout the entire range, park through first. I tried moving the shift lever on the trans and it would not go into park, just first through reverse. I removed the pan thinking the parking pawl rod had come apart or something. I found this jammed into the pivot area of the shift lever inside the trans. I cannot identify it. It is alum tubing and is pinched shut on one end. The other end looks like it could have been shoved into a hole maybe.
I removed it and now the trans will shift throughout the range, park to first. Where/what in the world is this and did it belong in there?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Could it be part of an old dip stick tube?  Or a transmission line maybe placed in the pan and forgotten about when the pan was put back on?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think it's part of a dipstick. It does look like a piece of trans cooler line though. Just want sure if it was suppose to be in there or not and if so, where does out go

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Looks like cooler line. Shouldn't be in there. I suspect it would up in there by accident on a previous disassembly, or maybe through the speedometer hole. Maybe someone was using it as some sort of tool.

Hope your transmission works properly again.

Bucky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it dug out and put back together, everything seems fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.