Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Auto to manual conversion

946 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  username408 
#1 ·
I have a 93 Dodge dakota with a v8,automatic,and 4wd.its a club cab with a short box.I found a 92 v8 dakota 5 speed 4wd at a junkyard.Its a club cab with a long box.I already have the manual pedal box, so that helps.I am planning on going back up there tomorrow and grabbing the transmission,transfer case,shifters,flywheel& bolts, clutch parts,clutch hydraulics,and finally the ecm.Is there anything else I would need?

#3 ·
yep,according to another source the manual is 7" shorter so I will need the driveshafts,I'll grab the front one but someone already took the rear driveshaft.There was another truck with a manual 4x4 so I will have to check its driveshaft and bed length.I will also need the manual transmission crankshaft sensor.

#4 ·
There might be a jumper harness for the reverse switch on the manual.

#6 ·
Conventional wisdom would suggest no because I have a 4 RH(unsure if 2 or 6), but stranger things have happened.I just dont want to make two trips.I went up up there today just to get some "clips" that allow the AC condenser to bolt to the core support.Those clips are certainly not worth the gas up there but no where in town had anything that could remotely work.I needed those clips because I forgot to grab them from the smashed core support that was on the truck origally and the new support came from a sport so it didn't have them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.