Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have had service done to your vehicle, post a review of the mechanic/shop that did your work here. Please include:
  • name of company
  • location (address if possible)
  • service performed to your vehicle (any vehicle you own)
Please include whether or not you would recommend the company to anyone else and your reason why.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back in June, when I bought the Trailduster, I had the front axle u-joints replaced. The shop was Integrity Auto Repair (www.integrityautorepair.com) in Issaquah.

The address is: 5648 221st Place SE
Issaquah, WA
Phone# (425) 557-8665

Kenny at Integrity handled my work order and the truck was completed in just a few days (brought it in Thursday and got it back Monday morning). The people were very professional and the work was done right. Cost of repairs was about $449 after tax. Mind you, this cost included a FULL inspection of everything with suggested repairs in the report by priority. :)

The reason for going in was because I had a clicking noise and I suspected the u-joints. While the work did not make the clicking go away (most likely brakes), I was able to bring it back for another inspection and ride along under warranty. A full inspection shows the TD is safe. They did stake down the pads properly and the clicking is just intermittent anymore. They also inspected the steering system & tightened the pitman arm (which was loose) at no extra cost.

Integrity is their name and that is how they do their business. Highly recommend this company, as they are quick, reliable, and friendly. The shop is very clean as well. {cool}

If you get your work done there, tell them that James Wood referred you.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hammers Auto Rebuild
since 1949
www.hammerautorebuid.com
1209 South Bailey Street
Seattle WA, 98108
Phone (206) 767-4929
Fax # (206) 767-0911

when my truck got hit a few months ago i took my PW to these guys for the insurance work. i had heard of them through my old work so i figured i would give hem a try. well.... needless ot say they do an EXCELLENT job. if your ever in seattle and need body work i'd take my stuff to them hands down. plus if you are insured through Progressive insurance they are a recommended shop and progressive will warranty the work FOR LIFE!!! as long as its an insurance claim.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Firestone Tire and Service
11520 124th ave NE
Kirkland WA, 98033

TAKE THIS AS A WARNING!!!!

I took my 77 PW in to have a lube and oil changed June 6th 2004, to the Firestone Tire and Service in Kirkland Wa and asked them for a FULL look over on my truck. Well needless to say all they did was change the oil and lube MOST of my truck. They DID NOT lube the hubs like I requested "because they dont have the tools or equipment to pull the tires and lube those." Its a TIRE AND SERVICE SHOP! They dont have the tools and equipment to pull 2 tires and lube 2 zerk fittings??? Also I asked them to check the cases and told the manager that I would gladly pay for any additional fluids that were needed. The manager said "sure no problem. we'll have those checked for you." Needless to say my front diff WAS AND STILL IS BONE DRY! i only found this out AFTER i checked the front end due to a noise. If you are ever in the Kirkland Wa area DO NOT GO TO FIRESTONE! They do not do what you request! Tire and Service MY ASS!!!!!{flipoff}

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Len's Automotive
1620 136th PL NE
Bellevue, WA 98005

ok i took my 87 jeep into these guys for a no start problem. not only did they fix it right BUT also adjusted a few things without charging me for em. they installed a Crank Position Sensor and adjusted the TPS and now she runs like a champ. they do great work BUT they WILL NOT work on anything older than 1980. so if you have newer cars they will work on em. i have NEVER had to take a car back and the guy that refered me to them only has taken a car back twice in almost 20 years.... not to bad huh????

they do computer diagnostics, tune ups, emissions work, and various other things. just thought i would post them as well!

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
This is more of an advertisement i guess, sorry...

but for anyone needing o-rings, gaskets, seals and such and in many different materials (neoprene, buna, urethane, silicone, gum rubber, composite sheets, felt etc) - Omni Packing & Seal Co. is a good place to go. They are located in Georgetown, for anyone not familiar with Georgetown, its just south of downtown...the wherehouse district. good people inside and willing to help. they even match o-rings, not many places still do that. just give them a call... 206-762-3850

and if you go down there certain days of the week, my dodge will be parked out back haha ;D

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
another review....
ACME AUTO ELECTRIC on Aurora in Seattle.

good guys, tell it how it is and get the job done quickly. took my rig in at 9am and had it back by 3pm the same day.... have an electrical bug you cant figure out... try these guys. Butch in the shop is the on i dealt with. once i find their number itll be up here!.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
this is my mechanic, good guy, tell him i sent ya!

INGLEWOOD AUTO REPAIR
16912 JUANITA DR NE, BOTHELL, WA 98028
Phone: (425) 488-1148

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gilman Autobody NW, LLC

Earlier this year (2005), my wife was rear-ended in her Saturn Ion by a Dodge Durango going about 25-30 mph. My wife's car was in a bad way. Our body-shop of choice was Gilman Autobody NW, LLC, located in Issaquah.

Their address is:

6405 229th Ave SE
Issaquah, WA 98029-8934

Phone: (425) 392-0101

Gilman was on our insurance company's "preferred list" and I had dealings with them in the past regarding my old Mercury Cougar.

I will post before/after pics of my wife's Saturn, but let me say that the work was done reasonably quickly and was done right. Gilman does not wait for the insurance to pay them before they start work - they start working immediately. Gilman also offers a 12 month warranty on all parts and labor. If it's not done right the first time, they will fix it with no charge.

This came in handy because there was an issue with some roof trim not aligning properly and they took care of it in a day with no extra charge to us.

The people at Gilman are very knowledgeable and friendly. They understand that it's a major inconvenience to have body work done to your car and they respect that. They are everything you need in a good body shop and more. {cool}

G

·
BUD'S Machine and Engine
lakewood, wa
253-588-2837

bud is pretty much the best in the business for 38 years now. he rebuilt my 360 for my 99 ram, the full works, ported and polished, ballanced, ,bored, new pistons stainless valves, roller rockers, big cam, pretty much built for a hot rod truck the only used part put back in was the oil filter plate and crank and that was my call. about 2,500, nicest guy you will ever meet, he will do whatever he can to help you out in a bind

·
Registered
143 Posts
Rude's Automotive
off Iowa in Bellingham

If you drive a Chevy, he's good. If you drive a Dodge, stay away. He doesn't know anything about them. Don't go asking for advice either, you may regret it later. Nice guy, just everything he touched on my Ram was effed up.

Tires Plus
On 124th in Totem Lake

Watch out - they tighten your lugs with air tools. Spec on my Subaru was 68-74 and they wacked them on at over 100 ft-lbs. The second time I went back, I even told them to mind themselves, and they did it again.

Meridian Performance
On the Guide in Lynden

Really good group, excellent service, haven't had a bad experience.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
EARLS GARAGE

they are located on the corner of 15th NE and 145th in shoreline.

theyve worked on the RC.. some tranny work.  worked on my old chebby. i dont have any complaints from my dealings with these guys. they honored their coast to coast guarantee  on my tranny

good guys. honest and fair. if you want the phone number i can get it to you.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
If your ever near Wenatchee, and need something done, go to "HiTech Automotive" the guy's name is Gary Hymer (sp?) and he's a great guy.  He's real honest, and won't recommend unneeded repairs like most other shops.

Also, do NOT go to "L & S Automotive" in Wenatchee.  They'll rip you off and charge you for everything.  I had a turbo replaced on my old 86 Dodge Daytona, turns out they threw in a head gasket (which I supplied, but instead they used on of theirs and charged me for it), ran all new vaccum lines, new vaccum fittings (none of which I wanted, and they didn't even ask me if I wanted them replaced or not), and put in the turbo.  I was quoted 2 days for it, 7 days later I had my car back with a ROD KNOCK!!!!!  Dumbasses obviously took it out for a test drive and ran it a weebit low on oil.

Michael

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bucky's Muffler Radiator & Brakes Center, Lynnwood

I just got done having a new V-Force muffler installed on my 90 RC and a custom-routed tail-pipe at Bucky's in Lynnwood.

Their address is: 19210 Hwy. 99 (Across from Costco)
Lynnwood, WA 98036
(425) 670-1927

Eric is the service manager (or at least the guy in charge), and he is very knowledgable in his field. That said, he is also very friendly, and helped me plan my exhaust path with emphasis placed on 4x4 applications. It seems as though he can do some crazy stuff if you want him to; and it feels as though he likes to. Hell, I'd get bored with "just another OE muffler" too.

I will definately finish the front half of my exhaust with this guy. He was really excited about it, and so am I. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Back in early Oct. I was coming across Lk. Wash. on 520 and my temp gauge sky rocketed,before I could get to an exit my radiator blew, I pulled into Eastside Automotive&Tire at 12883-N.E.20th st,Bellevue. It was 12:45pm and they closed at 1:00. I asked the guy working(I think it was Dave), if he would call a tow truck,he said it would probably cost at least $200 to get my truck home,I said thats fine. Then he called his parts supplier and said he could have a radiator in 30 min. for $248 and install for $100. I said, but you are closing,he replied,no problem. By the time the radiator arrived and he replaced it and thermostat it was after 3:00pm. He stayed 2 hours after closing to fix my truck,that was very unexpected and greatly appreciated. It is not very often someone will do that for you. Thanks Dave,,, and I would recommend his business!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Drive lines N.W.

4th street in Seattle, just south of Safe-co Field

I have mixed feelings about this shop, I had them fab up a rear drive line for me with 1350 series yokes it went pretty smooth except he had no information on after market yokes for my T-case (203) and Rear end (Dana 60) I ended up buying them off line, no big deal. Which is starting to rust already

Anyways a few months later I went to him to get a front driveline made up and was expressing concerns I had about angles. He told me he couldn't do anything for me, except make the drive line and I'll have to work around my angle problems, I asked him about high angle yokes and CV joints and he told me there is no such thing. I called him on it and he backed out by saying well I just don't believe in anything of the sort so I don't deal with specail applications like mine. So I left and called jess at high angle drivelines.

·
Registered
337 Posts
High Angle Driveline

High Angle Driveline
7245 Clark Road
Paradise , Ca 95969
530-877-2875

After my problems at Drivelines NW I called Jess up and explained my situation. He was on top of it, he whipped me up a front driveline with 1350 u-joints and CV joint with a 3" tube. His work is great, truly the best in the business. He knew exactly what yoke I needed for the front Dana 60 and fabbed up the CV joint to bolt onto my existing flange off of my 203. The only measurement I gave him was length of the shaft, told him I was lifted 4", and I had some what flexy suspension and he took it from there. I will go through him for all my driveshaft needs now, unless it's a simple lengthen or shorten. The only down side is shipping but is was fairly reasonable, but thats the price you pay for perfection.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I really depends on what your getting, my front was around 450, I think. But I had a high angle 1350 cv joint and a new 1350 yoke for the front axle included. I would call him up and just ask for a quote, he's really a nice guy and will do what he can to help you out. He's going to ask you what your angles are, if you don't know just tell him your application and how much lift you got.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you need to have your carb adjusted for power, economy, or to pass emmissions try Carburetor Connection in Kirkland.  I have used them quite a few times and they really know what they are doing.  It's a speed/hotrod shop so they are used to things not being stock or emmissions approved.  They were also on the approved list for state emmissions repair work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts