Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and didnt find anything....Never have luck with that anyway....

So i have heard good about the lockright, except that the gears eventually wear and drop shavings into the oil....

Aussie supposed to be cheaper but just as good....

This is for my front 60.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
32,086 Posts
l bought two[2] of them when they first came out back in 95 or so / the 9 1/4 rear one lasted about three years with 33 inch tires and then l went to 35 Boggers and it didnt last more than a year after that / the dana 44 front has been in there all this time and it works perfect after 9-10 years / and tire size didnt matter to it / but you hafta realize that the front dont get as much use as the rear on the street

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I would look into the Eaton E-Locker for up front its electric one wire opperation (electro magnets) offeres full locked or open diffs :)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
gmule said:
Evildriver-3 said:
Im not for lockers in the front, selectable yes
Don't be such a Nancy Boy front lockers Make you pay attention to how you drive ;D
Lmao nancy boy.

Well i know what happens when you can't shut off the locker, and in my neck of the woods when the snow is on the trail and you gotta turn and and go up, not to the side where there is no guard rail, guess what happens when you try to do it without shutting the locker off, oooopps so i quickly stopped backed up and said well that's why they say not to run a locker in the front pheeew Glad i can turn my locker off lol nancy boy

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my god man.........I'm just askin for opionions from people who have actually used either a Lockright or a Aussie..

Lets keep the storys to a minimum........ :mad:

If you dont like them i really dont care :mad:

If u have actually used either please post!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Damn man you need to calm down and just read, take advice as it comes

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trust me i'm calm.........Just dont need this thread to turn into something its not supposed to be!

Just lookin for product feedback.

I'm not lookig to turn anything off.

j

·
3,753 Posts
I used to run a Lock RIght in the D44 on my `83, it held up fine but I broke 2 short side shafts and it never did turn well at all in 4 wheel until just a couple of months before I killed the truck, then one day it was like it would unlock like it was supposed to while turning.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info...........Think i'm gonna wait and see if the Aussie becomes avaliable.......Supposed to be killer!

G

·
One of the members had problems with the Aussie not working in a front D44. Before you buy, you might want to call them and find out the specifics for your axle. The guy that designed the Lock-Right is the same guy that designed the Aussie. From what I understand they are very similar.

I have a Lock-Right in the rear. It's great. Takes less than an hour to install (rear axle anyway), no messing with the R and P, and operation is really smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
i called them... they are not offering them until they can do more r&d 44& 91/4 mopar
quinn

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I'm the member that had probs w/ the Aussie in a front CAD D-44. I worked it out after admittedly LOTS of trial and error. The problem was not with the locker, but with the lovely CAD. It's been in since October with no further probs. It works better than promised, with just a heavier return to center feel when locked and offroad. As far as quality, you'll break the carrier or shafts before the locker, trust me.
For the bad news, I think new development has been slowed down to focus on fixing issues with currently offered products. Give Bill Cole (president) a call or an email, he'll give you the straight story.
Mike

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AZ.............Thanks for the update!

I have the axle apart in my garage and need to make a decision soon. I want this together and not have to worry about pullin apart agian to install a locker.

I guess the Lockright is my only choice or the quickloc but need soon....

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
According to everthing I have read on the Aussie Locker they are suppose to "open up" in tight turns unlike the Lock Right which behaves like all lockers do.
The designer of the Lock Right also designed the Aussie Locker. It is an improved version so to say but through a different manufacture.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.