Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are....

We and the Montana Rams (Todd and Tina) met up first....The Ramus stayed home because of no rear seat and I wasn't willing to drive 180 miles round trip thru metro Phoenix with the kids laying on the floor. Sigh.......next time.

Followed by AZ-Trailduster and brother (Nick and Little Jason)

We immediately started to work on Nick's truck.... ;D

Finally at the lake, justplainjoe (Joe, Jackie and Jonathan) take an unusual line into our picnic site.

Joe's clean 440-powered rig gets a bit dirtier.

Finally, a bit of cable was needed to extract him from his watery prison.

Todd thoughtfully provided the winch as well as setting the fashion trend for the day.

Joe then found a parking site next to Nick's rig that later required the same un-parking help.

From L to R, Todd, Nick, Joe, and Mohammad's rigs.

Our site gets underway.

I snapped this one of the 440 under Joe's hood. Not shown is the high-tech starter heat shield.

Short on water toys, Mohammad rolled his 35-inch spare tire into the water and him and the kids used it as a swim platform. Here Mo takes a face plant as the tire rolled over. I give it a 7.5.

After much cell-phone vectoring, mtngoat (Jason and Andie [sp?]) arrived in his big rig.

Another view of the lineup.

And the perfect end to a fun day, we encountered this Astro van on the way home. Almost as many pipes as cylinders ::)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wish I could have been there. Oh well maybe next time. By the way, who is that peeing on Todds truck? The Chevy driver??JK ;D ;D

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL no, the Chevy driver wouldn't pee on a man's truck. I didn't notice it looked that way.....hehe

·
Registered
445 Posts
I sure wish we had places like that to go here...If you want a open place to play you better buy it here...

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Awesome pictures! I wish my rig was as cool as those! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice pics, I've wanted to see an RC with the soft top befor I oblegated my self to 500 bones for something that might look like crap. I think you allmost had more trucks then that chevy thing some mags call a good time ;D

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks for the great time, everyone! Although it was hot, it was a blast to finally meet more of our fellow Arizona RCCers!

I'm already anxiously looking forward to our next gathering - I think we came to the conclusion our next one will be northbound, and will most likely include a campover. We discussed a tentative timeframe of somewhere between mid-September and early-October. I can't wait! ;D

Until we meet again! ;D 8)

·
Registered
666 Posts
The pics are awesome, now I REALLY wish I could have been there. Unfortunately we were in New Mexico at about the time you guys were frolicking in the watery abyss. Next trip I am definitely there, with or without the RC. Seems like you guys had a great time without me :\'(, just think how much fun it will be with me!!! ;D

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am sorry we could not make it either. It looks like fun was had by all.

I suggest we plan a 4x4 trip in the near future. Maybe something medium to easy rating so everyone can join. It could even part of the next "Camping" trip.

·
Registered
944 Posts
AZRC said:
I suggest we plan a 4x4 trip in the near future. Maybe something medium to easy rating so everyone can join. It could even part of the next "Camping" trip.
This is exactly what we were talking about, AZRC! ;D Mtngoat is very familiar with trails up north, and is going to let us know of a good spot. Again, the timeframe for the next one is tentatively mid-September through early-October timeframe.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I got the rear seat bolted down in the Ramus, as well as the seat belts. No more excuses. ::)

·
Registered
281 Posts
;D Myself and my g/f tina had a great time. Wish we would have gotten pics of the area we had to cross to get to our secluded spot. LOL It was a section of old road that was under water, about 100 ft long and 1 1/2 ft deep in the middle.
Can't wait for the next get together, an overnight camping trip sounds awesome. Mohammed was absolutely right about all the members being awesome people. You couldn't ask for a better group of folks to get together with.

Todd

·
Registered
343 Posts
Jackie, Jonathon and I had a great time. Thanks again for having us. Thanks also to Montana Ram for the winching excercises. Jonathan would like to thank Mohamad for the rock stacking lessons. Can't wait for the next get together, nice meeting everyone. Maybe next time I'll give it alot more throttle, didn't want to hose your truck GP before I met you and Twister.

·
Super Moderator
8,517 Posts
That is one, FRICKEN, awesome Astro van! LOL Looks like you guys had fun. Yes, the Ramus was noticably absent from the pictures. GP, you don't have the trailer back together? Or is that CAR still owning it? Hehe, sorry Mike. ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey, guys! Just wanta say Andi and I had a great time and we can't wait to do it again! We really weren't sure what to expect, not knowing anyone and all. What awesome group of people! Thanks for the hospitality!
-j

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Cool pictures! {cool} Looks like you all had some fun on your get together. Hey Trenton, Vicki and I had some fun too on our trip, and Trenton is putting up some pictures on the Utah board. You should check it out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Theres alot of good looking R/C's out there and I wish I could have met some of my fellow AZ members, but I'm glad the trip was a blast and I look forward to meeting the rest of you in the future. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wish I could have been there too. The R/C is still down for repairs and will be for a while, so the Jeep will be what's going to the next adventure. Looks like a good time was had be all!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.