Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the search thing didn't find much, does anyone make ATF+4 besides Mopar? If so who carries it? I don't want to have to pay $7.00 a quart. Also is ATF+4 synthetic? I spoke to Valvoline and they said to use Max Life ATF, but that doesn't sound right to me. The vehicle in question here is `01 Grand Cherokee V8. Thanks Dave.

·
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
29,447 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody else making it yet. I have heard that it is a synthetic blend.
Also, I wouldn't use anyhting else but ATF+4 on a 2001.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think amsoil universal atf covers the atf+4 specifications. Check the amsoil website, i think it's www.amsoil.com

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
DC is currently being sued due to their ATF+4 scam. This is from a diesel Dodge site:

For what its worth, I plugged ATF+4 into a Google search, and got a story about an outfit called the Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association. The first paragraph reads:

"ILMA last week asked the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to bring an enforcement action against the Daimler Chrysler Corporation (DCC) for violations of the Manguson-Moss Warranty Act (Act) and the Commission's implementing regulations. The Association said that the automaker has unfairly restricted access to its ATF+4® transmission fluid and has engaged in improper tying arrangements under the Act. The Association has been rebuffed by DCC in its efforts to raise members' concerns directly with the automaker."

I wondered why I didn't see ATF+4 on the shelf at Wally World.
http://www.imakenews.com/flashpoint/e_article000202279.cfm

·
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
91PowerRam said:
DC is currently being sued due to their ATF+4 scam. This is from a diesel Dodge site:

For what its worth, I plugged ATF+4 into a Google search, and got a story about an outfit called the Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association. The first paragraph reads:

"ILMA last week asked the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to bring an enforcement action against the Daimler Chrysler Corporation (DCC) for violations of the Manguson-Moss Warranty Act (Act) and the Commission's implementing regulations. The Association said that the automaker has unfairly restricted access to its ATF+4® transmission fluid and has engaged in improper tying arrangements under the Act. The Association has been rebuffed by DCC in its efforts to raise members' concerns directly with the automaker."

I wondered why I didn't see ATF+4 on the shelf at Wally World.
http://www.imakenews.com/flashpoint/e_article000202279.cfm
Freakin' BEAUTIFUL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts