Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i cant find a asd relay anywhere. where can i get one?????

·
Registered
89 Posts
i just replaced mine,i had the same problem,the dealer gave me if i remember right the fuel pump relay it is the same type and works the same.if you look where your asd relay is you will see a simular relay beside it that is your fuel pump relay.so i would try the dealer and ask for thepump relay,bring your old asd relay to double check.i have done this and have had no problems.i hope this helps.

·
5,422 Posts
NORTERN RAM said:
i just replaced mine,i had the same problem,the dealer gave me if i remember right the fuel pump relay it is the same type and works the same.if you look where your asd relay is you will see a simular relay beside it that is your fuel pump relay.so i would try the dealer and ask for thepump relay,bring your old asd relay to double check.i have done this and have had no problems.i hope this helps.
Ram is correct, there seems to be some sort of nomenclature problem btween the part description in the parts book vs the parts description in the repair manual. Here's the way one online manual lists the part:
Main Relay (Computer/Fuel System)
FUEL PUMP RELAY Part # 4443907

Maybe they changed the name to Fuel Pump Relay because the consumers were confused as to what an ASD relay is?
This is a wiring diagram from Alldata tha t shows a 1990 ASD/Whatever relay. I believe this is the relay that is second from the front on the inside of the L/H fender. Check the wires going to it to see if they match the colors in the diagram and you have found the relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.