Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small spot of body rot between the drivers side door and the rear wheel well.

I am looking for some sort of diamond plate/stainless steel trim to go along the bottom of the car underneath the plastic trim.

The Stainless steel stuff on ebay only goes to the bottom of the doors, which is not far enough down.

There are kits on jc whitney that you have to cut yourself, i would like to avoid doing this if possible.

Does anyone else have any suggestions of products that would work? Personal experiences with any products?

Thanks in advance RCC.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
LOL , time to cage it I guess,, you could do a piece of sheetmetal and just screw it on , unless you want nice looking, then you would have to cut and spot weld and do bondo work, or if you need a cheep fix,, just pack it with bondo and san,, leave it to massoftwoshits to have a law like that anyway

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dodgeman said:
LOL , time to cage it I guess,, you could do a piece of sheetmetal and just screw it on , unless you want nice looking, then you would have to cut and spot weld and do bondo work, or if you need a cheep fix,, just pack it with bondo and san,, leave it to massoftwoshits to have a law like that anyway
I still want it to look nice, since the paint is almost brand new and the truck looks good.

What do you guys think of this stuff? http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...makeId-1000111/p-6775/c-10101/modelId-1001232
The thing that worries me is how this stuff will stand up over time, being that it is plastic instead of aluminum.

Thanks for the input guys! keep the suggestions coming!

-Brian

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
That looks alright to me but i would be worried about it rotting out way more with that on there ...i am guessing you are gonna fix the metal sometime in the near fuiture u just wanna do this to just pass the inspection right ?

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
The problem with rust is if you don't treat it, it will eventually consume the entire truck, no matter if the paint is pretty or not. Covering the problem could make it much worse as you'll be trapping water under the panel. You need to cut off the rusted parts, weld in some new steel and then you can do as you wish.

Ed

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
just do a quicky to get the sticker / l use self drilling screws and aluminium flashing and under coat on my junk and l just got a sticker / then bring it to a body shop when you have the time and get it fixed right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts