Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, I am having wiper issues with my 86RC,. The washer stopped working a while back, so saturday I replaced the washer pump, small electric pump on bottom of the resevor. Still didnt work, no biggie, well today the wipers stopped working at all. this is a big deal, winter in Illinois can get messy. any advice? does this sound like the motor or the switch? more info, the wipers seemed slow to me ever since i bought the truck a couple of years ago.

Thanks

Big Lou ???

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is the wiper motor still running? My wipers had stopped working and when i looked down inside the grates on the hood cowl, the motor was steady going around and around. Mine ended up being the little plastic bushings that hold the rods together. They had broke. I had to replace all of them.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Chump said:
Check the ground also on the wiper motor...it usually runs under one of the mounting bolts.
I had this same problem about a year ago, just tightned down the bolt a little.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Change all the wiper arm bushings (i think 8) if it is the wiper motor is spinning. Otherwise you'll be going back under the air grate to do it again.
The intermittent part of my wiper switch went out this year. I found a couple of old ones at the junk yard in Dodge vans. With the exception of the arm to the controller motor, they are a perfect fit. Not too hard to change the arm either, just slide the keeper pin out, make sure RC arm is in the little round indent (use a flashlight), put keeper pin back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.