Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get volunteers for different areas to handle stuff, mainly events.

For instance, of coarse I will have the TX area, but I know alot of members are in concentrated areas and I would like to have people "in charge" of those areas to get area events going. I am not saying local Ram Jams, there is only one Ram Jam, but local events, like our TX event or just get togethers. I would like to start some fundraising stuff too, as well as charity stuff.

Let me know your thoughts on this, and if there are any recomendations on good candidates. I think Jay should handle his area if he wants to.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I will Take care of the Northern California chapter sam.

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here are some of the responsiblities, if you can call them that.

• Organize Local Events and Get Togethers
  • Keep up a list of the active Members in your Area or Chapter
  • Keep contact information on everyone, like phone numbers, address, email, etc
  • Keep in touch with me about everything, like progress, ideas, etc
  • Send me $500 a month (kidding)

I know there probably should be some more stuff in that list, but I can't think of any right now. Let me know if you can think of any.

Thanks Nate for being the first volunteer.{cool}

·
Registered
943 Posts
If you would like, my hunny and I will head up the Arizona gang. Just let me know.

G

·
Great Idea. tv_larsen or McGuyver would probably be good for the Utah area. I am the only Wyoming member that I know of so I could throw in with either Utah (my preference) or Colorado until more Wyoming people join up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I havent seen alot of people from my area on the site. Seems to be quite a bit in michigan, and minnesota.

How about a state list, with numbers of members residing there?

I'll help out in Wisconsin.

Doc.

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
Can do the Utah one. ;D A few of us are getting together in August, including GP and Twister. {cool} Wycowboy, hope you can make it too.

·
Registered
688 Posts
We (dramtough & dramtoughsgirl) will volunteer for the PA chapter, unless there was someone else you may have had in mind to head up this area then in which case we can and will help in any way possible.We already sort of have a get together in mind for next year. If anyone has any questions or want to find out how they can attend this event, post ask the question and we will get back to you ASAP.......
Brian

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We need some more responsibility ideas for the Area Chapter leaders. I think the biggest one is that they have to organize. But maybe be responsible in getting other people in that area to join?

Lets start shooting out ideas here.

G

·
It might help if the chapter leaders have a list of all members in their area. That way they could try to keep in touch with members by e-mail or otherwise with news of area events or whatever.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have always thought that any off road club/community and the like should have some sort of environmental focus as well.

If we cant take our trucks off road cuz the enviromental nazis close it down, it kind of defeats the purpose of building a truck. Well...maybe we would all have 2WD trucks then.

How many times have you seen on the local news some group of people volunteering their time and efforts for the benefit of the enviroment?

Weather its a trail clean up or even helping out another group, I think its a good idea. I'm not talking about hugging trees, picketing or anything like that. Just some positive stuff. Could help promote the site

·
Registered
452 Posts
Also, How about a board for each state? Perhaps as a place to register, show up coming events, and contact info.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I will head up the Virginia area....

Mike

·
Registered
326 Posts
I kinda agree with Crazywillie,Keeping it in regions rather than states..I live in Florida and dont know of that many members in the state..Something like S.E,N.E.,I think you get the idea...I know TX is a big state with a lot of memberers so when you guys get together there will be plenty of people,but in this area there are not that many members(yet) so if we could combine some areas or states may help so small events would have better attendance,and or what ever we are doing....get togethers and so on........Just my thoughts Jason

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yeah I live in the brown shirt capital of wisconsin....just outside of madison.

Madison: Yeah we are liberal, just do what we say!
You want to drive your truck where?????

I agree regions are a good idea too. Just have to make sure the regions arent too big. Travel issues and all. Too much travel might make it harder to organize, and get paticipants for an event.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Chapter organizers should promote RamJam as well. There are probably specific duties for this, but they could be ironed out later. From items such as a chapter roster of people attending RJ, to posting flyers and the like.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts