Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In your 90's

• above 99

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
46 Posts
Nice stuff!
I was going to become an architect.
The high school I went to (Palm Springs) had a well known architectural program. I really enjoyed it. I even won some competitions I entered. One statewide one.
I went to work the summer after I graduated for a local well known architect.
I'm glad I did. Can you say BORING? It was all fun and games in high school. Pushing pencils (way back ,remember) was not exciting. I wanted out of the office and to make money now!
I'm glad I made that choice. I was able to by my truck less than year after I got my job finishing drywall. A lot harder work... but it keep me from getting lazy and fatter. ;D
My High school didn't have any kind of special training unless you were from the right family and even then it was very limited. I grew up in a cotton mill town in N. GA and all that was needed was to learn how to be a good little mill worker and to never ask for anything else from life. I always wanted more but never quite achieved it.

Very cool. My mother wanted to be an architect when she was young, but my dad knocked her up at 17, had to get married (poor woman) and went on to have 7 kids and became a mother and housewife. She has done some plans and she was damn good at it. She would have went far...

I myself went to work for Boeing and spent most of my career in mechanical engineering as a tech. I have no interest in airplanes but I love the job. Got a few patents out of it too!

EDIT: Cool website. You worked AutoCAD from AutoDesk. Have you had a chance to work with AutoDesk's FUSION 360? Cool stuff if you like parametric design.
Nope, I never played with Fusion, I always wanted too but never had the opportunity. I really only got into the drafting side of things because of board drafting and my love to draw, I actually drew a coloring book once to sell at car shows after I was at one in Pigeon Forge, TN and saw a small bored out of his skull boy pick up a rock and go down the side of a Superbird, giving it a nice custom pinstripe in the original paint. So I went home and got in touch with the folks at Crayola and a local printer to see how much it would cost me to print a 30 sheet book, all center fold so there were no seams in the middle of your favorite cars and then package it with a pack of 8 crayons. My first book was all Mopar, from Cuda Convertibles through Darts, Road Runners, SuperBirds, even a '63 Sport Fury Convertible, all were cars that belonged to friends. Then I also did Chebbie and Ford Books, as well as VW's.

All the books are long gone and really all that have left is the first picture that I did of a friend's '71 440-4 Shaker Cuda Vert, a very rare car indeed. I have the drawing in a frame and all I really have of it is a crappy cell phone picture but all the drawings were similar to this one, and all done by hand in ink on vellum.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Premium Member
1978 W200
167 Posts
When I was a kid, I wanted a Jeep.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Always screwed up the paint after I put a model together. Never got them to look like the photo. Piffle.

·
Premium Member
1978 W200
167 Posts
My High school didn't have any kind of special training unless you were from the right family and even then it was very limited. I grew up in a cotton mill town in N. GA and all that was needed was to learn how to be a good little mill worker and to never ask for anything else from life. I always wanted more but never quite achieved it.

Nope, I never played with Fusion, I always wanted too but never had the opportunity. I really only got into the drafting side of things because of board drafting and my love to draw, I actually drew a coloring book once to sell at car shows after I was at one in Pigeon Forge, TN and saw a small bored out of his skull boy pick up a rock and go down the side of a Superbird, giving it a nice custom pinstripe in the original paint. So I went home and got in touch with the folks at Crayola and a local printer to see how much it would cost me to print a 30 sheet book, all center fold so there were no seams in the middle of your favorite cars and then package it with a pack of 8 crayons. My first book was all Mopar, from Cuda Convertibles through Darts, Road Runners, SuperBirds, even a '63 Sport Fury Convertible, all were cars that belonged to friends. Then I also did Chebbie and Ford Books, as well as VW's.

All the books are long gone and really all that have left is the first picture that I did of a friend's '71 440-4 Shaker Cuda Vert, a very rare car indeed. I have the drawing in a frame and all I really have of it is a crappy cell phone picture but all the drawings were similar to this one, and all done by hand in ink on vellum. View attachment 620654
Really nice work there.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts

All the books are long gone and really all that have left is the first picture that I did of a friend's '71 440-4 Shaker Cuda Vert, a very rare car indeed. I have the drawing in a frame and all I really have of it is a crappy cell phone picture but all the drawings were similar to this one, and all done by hand in ink on vellum. View attachment 620654
Wow and awesome!
That's some fine skills there!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

Very cool on the coloring book thing.

My dad wanted me to follow him into the glass/glazier business. I did for a bit when I worked for him, but it was too much traveling around from state to state and it was one of those; The jobs done, so is your job, things. So I went to work for Boeing.

FUSION 360 is available for free online for hobbyists. The parametric design part is great, but the drafting package is kinda lame.

Reactions: CADFather

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Reactions: CADFather

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
4,155 Posts
I had a crush on Mindy also with those tight thigh high jeans and big glasses. Lol

121 - 127 of 127 Posts