• In your 90's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • above 99

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
29,116 Posts
I smoked for a good ten years. After 10 years your lungs go back to normal. Dr said you will die from smoking if you hit 40 pack years. 1 pack a day for 40 years. Or two packs for 20.
thats a god damned LIE , l smoked from 1975 till my father died of throat cancer in 2000 [ he died from smoking PallMall 100's non-filter all his life [ l quit cold turkey after that, l relapsed a few times but aint touched one in 20 years [ l have chronic fatigue syndrome [ my lungs dont process enuf oxygen to support my fat ass ] , nodules on my lungs and use a CPAP machine ] just so you know l smoked Marlboro 100's for 25 years [ pack a day during the week ] and then probly 6 packs on the weekends drinking [ so double or more] and the older l got the WORSE my lungs got , so that Doctor lied his ass off to you

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My next door neighbor is 63 & teaches SCUBA diving on the side from his regular job. In 2019 he brought some gear over for me to use to find a leak in my pool, gave me a crash course in "diving". Talk about a workout. It's zero impact & seems kinda slow-go, but it really does give you a good workout & exercises the lungs.

Bucky

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,917 Posts
The one thing that has changed with today's cigarettes are the amount of/and type of chemicals they use in today's cigarettes. They are far more dangerous today than they were back in the day for sure.

·
Registered
303 Posts
are you really a mopar truck guy if you haven’t chain smoked a little

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I never smoked, but I made up for it with alcohol. 🍺

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I used to drink. But I have been painting for over 30 years, huffing fumes & absorbing them through my eyeballs.

Bucky

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
are you really a mopar truck guy if you haven’t chain smoked a little
...I've smoked my tires...a LOT...that'll have to do 😆...well that and all the fumes from brake cleaner, carb cleaner, antifreeze, gear oil, engine oil, penetrating oil, oh and of course grinding smoke, welding smoke, burning hair/skin/clothes smoke, cutting oil smoke, electrical smoke, diesel smoke, brain smoke...😖🥴

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I smoked a starter and alternator. Do they count?

·
Registered
303 Posts
All listed above count. Who needs a tetanus shot when you got carb cleaner right next to ya

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
...I've smoked my tires...a LOT...that'll have to do 😆...well that and all the fumes from brake cleaner, carb cleaner, antifreeze, gear oil, engine oil, penetrating oil, oh and of course grinding smoke, welding smoke, burning hair/skin/clothes smoke, cutting oil smoke, electrical smoke, diesel smoke, brain smoke...😖🥴
X2! 🍻

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
thats a god damned LIE , l smoked from 1975 till my father died of throat cancer in 2000 [ he died from smoking PallMall 100's non-filter all his life [ l quit cold turkey after that, l relapsed a few times but aint touched one in 20 years [ l have chronic fatigue syndrome [ my lungs dont process enuf oxygen to support my fat ass ] , nodules on my lungs and use a CPAP machine ] just so you know l smoked Marlboro 100's for 25 years [ pack a day during the week ] and then probly 6 packs on the weekends drinking [ so double or more] and the older l got the WORSE my lungs got , so that Doctor lied his ass off to you
From your story, it doesn't sound like he was too far off.

·
Registered
29,116 Posts
From your story, it doesn't sound like he was too far off.
you talking packs of Cigs or the fact he said your lungs fix them selves

my MOM is 81 and has smoked nonstop since she was 14 and she is sort of still alive , so that,s 66 years of smoking ,way past what HE said , of coarse she is in the hospital right now die'ing of lung cancer -COPD and pneumonia

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

my MOM is 81 and has smoked nonstop since she was 14 and she is sort of still alive , so that,s 66 years of smoking ,way past what HE said , of coarse she is in the hospital right now die'ing of lung cancer -COPD and pneumonia
I will admit I did not say that right. He said after that much time you can bet you are going to die from smoking. Not actually drop dead at that moment. I've read lots of studies that have said it takes about 10 years to bring your lungs back to non-smoker condition.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
at 61 l,m moving almost every day , l do 16 hrs of house work [ cooking - cleaning -laundry - dishes- and caring for my disabled wife ] daily , then l drive 30 Min to town to visit my MOM in the hospital [ she is not do'in good at 80 [ she has Pneumonia ] l wont let them classify it as Covid-19] then l get to do some side work for beer money and maybe hit the club for a beer [ l,m a card carrying ltalian american club member ] and then on the way home do the grocery shopping , then on the weekends l get to cut lawns all day as l have a route of 12 lawns [ got a brand new Husqvarna Zero turn ] and if it aint to late and the wife is sleeping l,ll take a blast on my Polaris 500HO 4x4 quad just so l can try and kill myself [ it's a personal thing ] and then it starts all over after 6 hours of sleep [ with a CPAP machine ] it's fun = so far
No laziness is my motto.
Both my grandfathers just gave up. My dads dad died at the age I'm going to be in 2 weeks. I'm still doing things I did in '63 when I was in the 4th grade... I've been riding my newly restored Schwinn Sting Ray. ;D

·
Registered
7,338 Posts

I had a neighbor who lit one cigarette in the morning and didn't need a lighter until the next morning. He lit the next cigarette one after another.
He was 85 when he died. Diagnosed with cancer and died 1 month later. He looked like heck but enjoyed life I guess.
Some people can handle it maybe. I always wondered how much longer he would have gone by not smoking.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I had a neighbor who lit one cigarette in the morning and didn't need a lighter until the next morning. He lit the next cigarette one after another.
He was 85 when he died. Diagnosed with cancer and died 1 month later. He looked like heck but enjoyed life I guess.
Some people can handle it maybe. I always wondered how much longer he would have gone by not smoking.
I knew a lady like that. She died in her 60's I believe.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Age is a state of mind along with a healthy/fit body. The body is strange, some can be rode hard and put away wet and go till they're 100 and others may walk the straight and narrow and die young. God works in mysterious ways sometimes, other times it's not God, it's us or a spirit or a curse.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My grandmother smoked for 70 years. From Age 13-14 until her early 80s. No cancer, she died instantly from a COPD related heart aneurism

Some people can just do it I guess.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My grandmother smoked for 70 years. From Age 13-14 until her early 80s. No cancer, she died instantly from a COPD related heart aneurism

Some people can just do it I guess.
My mom has COPD... from smoking. It will eventually kill her too, sad to say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The wife tells me I'm 26. Feel older than that with my shitty joints lol. got a long time of loving these old trucks ahead of me!

61 - 80 of 127 Posts