• In Your 80's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In your 90's

• above 99

41 - 60 of 127 Posts

Premium Member
honestly I really want to get back on my mtn bike - that's about as good a core workout as there is, that and swimming...but the whole drowning thing is just no fun at all 馃槵

Registered
I've been at a desk for over 30 years. My core looks like a beach ball. I can still see my toes, but I sure as hell can't reach them with my legs straight. LOL Not sure if it's because the leg and back muscles are so tight, or because I'm binding up in the middle. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: neil4224

Registered
I've been at a desk for over 30 years. My core looks like a beach ball. I can still see my toes, but I sure as hell can't reach them with my legs straight. LOL Not sure if it's because the leg and back muscles are so tight, or because I'm binding up in the middle. LOL
As long as your not binding in the bowels.

Registered
53 and every major joint has problems. Going in for surgery soon for my other shoulder. knees, hips, feet, elbows what a mess. In my head I feel like 20. On the outside I feel 80. Youth is definitely wasted on the young.
I'll be 53 in a few months. My mind says I can, my drive and adrenaline usually make it happen, but the body reminds me later how old I am. My desk job has saved most of my joints but has not helped the insides. Tendonitis has always been an issue with me.

Registered
I'll be 53 in a few months. My mind says I can, my drive and adrenaline usually make it happen, but the body reminds me later how old I am. My desk job has saved most of my joints but has not helped the insides. Tendonitis has always been an issue with me.
I work from an office, well now home at a desk 8 hours a day. Put on 20 pounds in about two years. I鈥檓 on my third year of desk work now. My body feels fresh after a full day of work but the wrists and hands do get a bit tired.

honestly I really want to get back on my mtn bike - that's about as good a core workout as there is, that and swimming...but the whole drowning thing is just no fun at all 馃槵

Mountain biking....it's the solution to everything. ;)

Registered
I work from an office, well now home at a desk 8 hours a day. Put on 20 pounds in about two years. I鈥檓 on my third year of desk work now. My body feels fresh after a full day of work but the wrists and hands do get a bit tired.
I've gained about 75lbs from my desk job. Started when I was 21 at 125#. Now im just under 200. My only saving grace is I own property and a dodge. Those keep me active. LOL I haven't had any mechanics aerobics to do for awhile tho. I need to get back to those.

Registered
I've gained about 75lbs from my desk job. Started when I was 21 at 125#. Now im just under 200. My only saving grace is I own property and a dodge. Those keep me active. LOL I haven't had any mechanics aerobics to do for awhile tho. I need to get back to those.
My RC keeps me pretty active. I try to do yard work when it needs to be done just to stay 鈥渇it鈥 (or just make myself feel better). Never been a fan of gyms, rather just sweat outside and lift heavy things LOL.

Registered
at 61 l,m moving almost every day , l do 16 hrs of house work [ cooking - cleaning -laundry - dishes- and caring for my disabled wife ] daily , then l drive 30 Min to town to visit my MOM in the hospital [ she is not do'in good at 80 [ she has Pneumonia ] l wont let them classify it as Covid-19] then l get to do some side work for beer money and maybe hit the club for a beer [ l,m a card carrying ltalian american club member ] and then on the way home do the grocery shopping , then on the weekends l get to cut lawns all day as l have a route of 12 lawns [ got a brand new Husqvarna Zero turn ] and if it aint to late and the wife is sleeping l,ll take a blast on my Polaris 500HO 4x4 quad just so l can try and kill myself [ it's a personal thing ] and then it starts all over after 6 hours of sleep [ with a CPAP machine ] it's fun = so far

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The best thing about a CPAP, is when you have a migraine, you can put the mask on, bury your head between two pillows. Zone out from the world, and still breathe just fine. I have been using one for close to 15 years now. I cannot sleep without one any more. Oh yea, I can't sleep with one either. Sleep is so over rated.

Most of my life, I weighed 165 lbs, and had a 32 inch waist. somewhere I gained 120 lbs, and 10 inches on the waist. The belly shows some, but the waist still has just skin and bones, not much padding in between. The bones had to grow somewhere along the line after age 40.

Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
at 61 l,m moving almost every day , l do 16 hrs of house work [ cooking - cleaning -laundry - dishes- and caring for my disabled wife ] daily , then l drive 30 Min to town to visit my MOM in the hospital [ she is not do'in good at 80 [ she has Pneumonia ] l wont let them classify it as Covid-19] then l get to do some side work for beer money and maybe hit the club for a beer [ l,m a card carrying ltalian american club member ] and then on the way home do the grocery shopping , then on the weekends l get to cut lawns all day as l have a route of 12 lawns [ got a brand new Husqvarna Zero turn ] and if it aint to late and the wife is sleeping l,ll take a blast on my Polaris 500HO 4x4 quad just so l can try and kill myself [ it's a personal thing ] and then it starts all over after 6 hours of sleep [ with a CPAP machine ] it's fun = so far
Taking care of a disabled wife and still doing all of those things - wow man I'm impressed. 馃槑

Premium Member
Taking care of a disabled wife and still doing all of those things - wow man I'm impressed. 馃槑
me too - hat's off to your devotion and dedication, and perseverance - top marks man (y)

Registered
That is a lot for one man to take on. I hope your mom gets better soon. Prayers..

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

Registered
My RC keeps me pretty active. I try to do yard work when it needs to be done just to stay 鈥渇it鈥 (or just make myself feel better). Never been a fan of gyms, rather just sweat outside and lift heavy things LOL.
The property keeps me busy for sure, but even with all the work required, it's not enough to keep the fat off. Yes, it builds muscle, but that just bulks up the fat. I myself need more walking time to get the cardio system back in shape enough to do some jogging to burn some fat cals.

Registered
hats off to you brother. I know what it鈥檚 like to take care of the disabled, it ain鈥檛 easy. hope your mother pulls through for ya. don鈥檛 forget all while saving a lot of members headaches on this website.

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

Registered
The property keeps me busy for sure, but even with all the work required, it's not enough to keep the fat off. Yes, it builds muscle, but that just bulks up the fat. I myself need more walking time to get the cardio system back in shape enough to do some jogging to burn some fat cals.
I hate feelin like crap, im sure everyone does, but cardio really will kill ya LOL. I鈥檓 a smoker unfortunately, my lungs aren鈥檛 what I want them to be. I鈥檝e cut the smoke cold Turkey for months before then randomly pick it back up. Don鈥檛 have many unhealthy vices in life but smoking sure does take it鈥檚 toll.

Registered
I hate feelin like crap, im sure everyone does, but cardio really will kill ya LOL. I鈥檓 a smoker unfortunately, my lungs aren鈥檛 what I want them to be. I鈥檝e cut the smoke cold Turkey for months before then randomly pick it back up. Don鈥檛 have many unhealthy vices in life but smoking sure does take it鈥檚 toll.
I smoked for a good ten years. After 10 years your lungs go back to normal. Dr said you will die from smoking if you hit 40 pack years. 1 pack a day for 40 years. Or two packs for 20. My cardio sucks big time because I don't use it. Sit around all day and work hard all weekend and some evenings. (Roofing tonight after work) but I don't get the heart racing at all and the deep breathing required for good lung function. So Cardio is required. One day I'll actually do it. LOL

Reactions: Lzed

Registered
My grandmother is in her 80s. she鈥檚 been smoking two packs a day for over 50 years LOL. seeing those videos will definitely scare ya into quitting though. I thought about buying a bike or something for it

Registered
My grandmother is in her 80s. she鈥檚 been smoking two packs a day for over 50 years LOL. seeing those videos will definitely scare ya into quitting though. I thought about buying a bike or something for it
My mom will soon be 80. She has smoked for long time. I'm 52 and used to steal her smokes when I was a pre-teen. She never made it to 2 packs a day but still smokes even tho she has COPD and uses one of those purse size oxygen machines. Honestly, not to sound cold... but dying from a smoking related illness should now be labeled as a suicide. Everyone know it will kill you eventually if you keep doing it. I wanted to see my kids have kids and know my grandkids. So I quit. My dad smoked when he was younger. He was at two packs a day or more. Mom told him he couldn't quit. He put them down and never smoked again. Stubborn German. LOL

41 - 60 of 127 Posts