12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post!

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Alright:

Who else has a bow.

I got a Martin Firecat, with all the bells and whistles. My only problem is I haven't found a good shop around my area to buy from. I picked up my set up in a small shop in Texas. Wish he was still open.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have a PSE "The Beast" It is loaded, fires about 230fps. not bad for a short bow. My lil brother just bought a Matthews solocam, XL. $1000.00. At least he got a hat with it. Mines the same size and speed is not that far off either, but he has the string dampeners. ::)

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I've always wanted to get into bow hunting. I actually had saved up some money to get a bow and stuff but then it went towards the 440/tranny/t-case I just got...priorities, huh? ::)

Once I get some money saved up again, I'll be trying to pick your brains to set myself up. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
PSE Nova w/ gold tip carbon arrows............last time I checked, about 259 f.p.s. I like it a lot. Not an expert marksman type yet; to many other activities [although, I don't usually have a problem hitting the vitals area]. Loving to do to many other things outside I guess makes me a jack-of-all-trades, master of none kind of guy...........

G

·
I've got a Bear Super Strike XLR, the first solo cam Bear made after buying the patent from Matthews. With an overdraw and 27" Easton XX75 (2314) it will shoot 250 fps. That's at 60 lbs. I used to do bow setup and arrow building as a sideline so I have all the equipment to work on compunds and make arrows. I've even learned how to make a Flemish twist bowstring. I love this stuff.

These are some of the arrows I've made.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those are cool PG!

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my wife likes Archery. she did it back in high school.

what is a good economical non compound bow.
an how can we do a set up in our back yard ?

G

·
PSE, Bear, Martin just about everybody makes a low priced traditional. With a bow like that you really don't need much more than a couple hay bales and a sheet of plywood. Make sure she wears an armguard. She won't like it much if she gets her forearm in the way of the string.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Man-o-man PG those are works of art - very cool - Archery is something I always wanted to do, but just haven't got to it.... I have tooooo many hobbies..... I need to get rich and retire ;D

G

·
Well thank you. I used to buy blank shafts by the gross. I could usually cut, fletch, nock and install inserts for a dozen arrows in less than an hour. And sold them for 48.00 a dozen. The hand crested would take about 6 hours per dozen and they went for 72.00. I ended up with a big box of arrow pieces three to six inches long. In a moment of blinding brilliance I bought a couple dozen, cheap bic pens, slipped those camo arrow pieces over the pens and sold them for 3.00 apiece. Advertised them as "archer's pens." Sold every one of them. Archers will buy anything.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Capitolism works

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
pse proshop 65 here, set to a 30 inch draw length and a 68 pound draw. shooting easton carbons with 100 grain muzzy broadheads at around 255 through my chrono at 10 feet.

eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
I shoot a hoyt Razortec,314 fps with 100 gr. G5 Montec broadheads and carbon evolution shafts with feathers. Taking big game and small with a bow is by far the most exciting way to hunt because of the close quarters between you and your quarry.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
intenseimages said:
pse proshop 65 here, set to a 30 inch draw length and a 68 pound draw. shooting easton carbons with 100 grain muzzy broadheads at around 255 through my chrono at 10 feet.

eric
Mine is reading 230fps, through a paintball chrono. My draw is prolly shorter too though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts