Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say it is pretty slick.  For the most part it makes using this site much easier on a phone, even on the huge screen for the Evo 4G.

You can download the app on Iphones, Blackberrys and Android powered phones.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Cool deal Sam - I guess I'll give it a try - many people on the main Android site I belong to use it, I just haven't got a round to trying it.

Funny thing, I was going to send you an IM asking if you could set it up here, even though I hadn't got round to actually trying it ...  ;D ;D :p

I have a Moto Droid, how do you like that Evo 4G? ... we don't have 4G in my area yet ....

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Loaded up RCC on my droid the other day and had a popup telling me that it's tapatalk compatible. I'll have to grab it off the market and give it a try. Care to provide a brief synopsis of the software Sam?

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Going to hijack a min here, can someone with a Droid explain to me how to get the weather widget to work again? Also the YouTube widget isn't working. The droid forums and other forums are no real help.
I have the HTC Droid Eris

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
herostoryrory said:
Going to hijack a min here, can someone with a Droid explain to me how to get the weather widget to work again? Also the YouTube widget isn't working. The droid forums and other forums are no real help.
I have the HTC Droid Eris
I'm still not rooted, so if you are I can't help ....

Otherwise, which weather widget are you trying to use?

The most common fix for most of these problems is to simply re-boot your phone. If that doesn't work, try turning off your phone and pulling the battery, then hold down the power button on your phone a for maybe 30 seconds - put the batt. back in and try again.

Also, if you can't get your questions answered try this site:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/

They're good people there, much like RCC -

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Rory - couple things I just thought of -

1. The search feature on Droids.net sucks major ass ... and some of the high post count vets that know what they're talking about get all pissy if you don't search first, just be nice.

2. Have you added any new apps since this started happening? If you did, then start uninstalling them, until you fix the problem - then try re-installing the apps and see what happens ... some of the free apps have some major suck ... most of the paid apps work great, but even some of those will mess up - remember, the paid apps are stored in your gmail account and will show up under market>downloads - and you can uninstall and reinstall with out cost ....

3. Another thing, is go: from the your home screen >menu>setting>applications>manage applications>menu>filter>all>
Then go though the apps one by one and clear the cache for the app -  it takes some time, I do this this about once a week ... if you use the browser a lot it sucks up a lot of of mem in cache, so does nav. all this can cause problems with the phone ... doing this once a week I often pull back 10 - 15 megs of mem ... it can make a difference ....

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hybrid 1ton said:
Loaded up RCC on my droid the other day and had a popup telling me that it's tapatalk compatible. I'll have to grab it off the market and give it a try. Care to provide a brief synopsis of the software Sam?
It basically is just something that makes the site easy to use on your phone. There are some lost features, but for posts it makes things very simple.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Hmm..

Pretty disappointed actually. Seeing as it's just a front end being served by some larger application, I didn't think it would be as buggy as it is. Reviews in the market share my opinion.

I get a lot of Force Closes, but also it hangs up pretty good on "Processing..." while I'm trying to load the forums.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Hybrid 1ton said:
Hmm..

Pretty disappointed actually. Seeing as it's just a front end being served by some larger application, I didn't think it would be as buggy as it is. Reviews in the market share my opinion.

I get a lot of Force Closes, but also it hangs up pretty good on "Processing..." while I'm trying to load the forums.
Thanks Pat - I still haven't downloaded it yet - I think I'll keep waiting a bit.
On the Android site I belong to the reviews are mixed; like always, some say it the greatest thing ever, other say it brings the total suck - I still think it's good that Sam put it on here, because like all these beta, market driven apps, the devs (the good ones anyway) seem to listen to us and fix the problems ... we'll see ....

And BTW - have you Froyo yet? Lot of people people are reporting problems running the Froyo leak with 2.1 apps .... (?)

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has worked flawless for me since I have installed it  ???  Pretty quick and makes reading posts easier then using the web browser (if you don't zoom). 

If I ever get some free time I will create another theme that is for phones, or phone friendly anyway.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Negative on going Froyo. I'm rooted running Bugless Beast v1.1, which has a lot of the Froyo features ported over.

I'm speculating that the deodexing of the main ROM is what is causing the issues with Tapatalk. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are from people who are rooted and running custom roms and/or custom kernels.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Sam Simpson said:
It has worked flawless for me since I have installed it ??? Pretty quick and makes reading posts easier then using the web browser (if you don't zoom).

If I ever get some free time I will create another theme that is for phones, or phone friendly anyway.
Yes - that's what I keep hearing, some people have no trouble, but others do for some for some reason.
There's a lot of speculation about just why ... I do think you should keep working on it here ... it's one of the 'waves' of the future :)

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Hybrid 1ton said:
Negative on going Froyo. I'm rooted running Bugless Beast v1.1, which has a lot of the Froyo features ported over.

I'm speculating that the deodexing of the main ROM is what is causing the issues with Tapatalk. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are from people who are rooted and running custom roms and/or custom kernels.
I'm still not rooted, but from all that I am reading, you are probably right ... I see people rooting this or that and going "I'm totally cool; a week later the same people are going, "I have this FC, etc, WTF."

If you root, you are a beta user, I'm cool with that, but I'm just not that into it ....

I'm running a stock phone with Helix 1 and six home screens, Bettercut for icons, Folder Organizer, BW, S2 calendar widget, Pure Agent widget, Astro file manage ... and a few others, they all play well together and I have no problems .... :p 8)

·
2,317 Posts
pretty cool, just did it for my iphone, easier than just using the web site app i had. ;D

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
I will thank you in advance Sam. I am not due for a phone upgrade until October and my current phone just lets me browse the site but not post. New phone will have the ability to use the tapatalk (still trying to decide between a Droid and iPhone) and will most likely be using it.

Eric

1 - 20 of 27 Posts