Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the spring lifts that Skyjacker (and only Skyjacker) makes for the older model (like 1984) Dodge 1-tons?
I'm thinking of getting the four inch all spring kit which eliminates the rear lift blocks, but am wondering what the ride would be like compared to the stock one ton springs.
I run Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks which I will probably keep with modified mounts for the lift.
As far as I've found, they are the only one who makes a lift kit for this year make and model...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
No body ? Any ideas I am also intrested in these systems Or are all you guys using 1/2 ton lifts in your 1 tons ?

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
I'm waiting to hear too. Would like to lift my 3/4 also, but don't want to loose the load and not sure if I want to complicate things with an air bag system. And flex isn't a main concern either.

But, unfortunately that project is waaaay down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also would like to know i have a 76 1-ton and kinda want to keep the load capicity but also want to have a reasonable ride

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Bringing this back since I need springs also any of you guys have lifts not installed could you measure eye to eye and arch :D

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
They cant be worse than what I have now 9 leaves up front and 10 + overload in the rear

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Ok after taking some measurments and searching Skyjackers site they use 1/2 ton springs in there 1 ton lifts just specing the lift as 2" less :( So I will be able to lift my truck but I wont have the load capacity.

Now im kinda undecided as I wanted to get a better ride but I want the load & I have the SJ 6" rear springs which will be 4" on my truck 8" if I use the block which will make the truck 2" bigger So if I order 8" fonts it will be level but just with 1/2 capacity or do I just have custom springs made ?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think if you use the RCC lift plans that you could use the stock springs and keep the load capacity, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why don't you have springs made?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I know that I could use the shackle flip but I do need to replace my springs as I had 6" of lift and they have sagged down to 4" causaing the front spring to be verry close to the frame (shackle end) & my steering to be off by 1/2 a turn now :(
I would like to lift the truck a little more so I would need 8" 1/2 ton springs just to lift it back to where it was. Then I can only find 10" chevy springs so I guess I have to go tommorow and see about getting springs made so I will still have 1 ton capacity with 8" of lift :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts