1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
.....ummmm..yeah...im sooooo lost

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Yes, chunks, long island sound, and CRAPPY! But I still go! lol With where you live, check out www.stripersurf.com

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I go every once in a while with my friend.. He's really into fishing, but I go every now and then just because it's something different to do.. We usually go by the Hackensack in Rutherford with a couple people, and someone almost always catches something. The biggest one I've seen caught there was close to 3 1/2 -4 ft long, and we didn't know the weight because we didn't have the scale with us. It put up one hell of a fight tho, It took him 20 minutes to reel it in..

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm going as often as I can!!!!! Usually, I'm catching a head-boat from somewhere w/ some friends and/or my dad. Most of the time, for stripers, it's the Miss Chris fleet in Cape May. Out to the Rips w/ eels or off of Wildwood w/ clams. Once in a while, usually early fall [early October], I hit Fortescue. I'd like to try either the De. side or the Jersey side from shore up near the Del. Memorial or Commodore Barry bridges sometime; I just don't have the time to investigate all the spots I can drive to.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I go Striper fishing and we use eels, i got the perfect spot if i put 10 men on my boat i can have 10 striper on board in under 1.5 hours, i will never tell my spot, EVER, have fun

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luke9-1-1 said:
I'm going as often as I can!!!!! Usually, I'm catching a head-boat from somewhere w/ some friends and/or my dad. Most of the time, for stripers, it's the Miss Chris fleet in Cape May. Out to the Rips w/ eels or off of Wildwood w/ clams. Once in a while, usually early fall [early October], I hit Fortescue. I'd like to try either the De. side or the Jersey side from shore up near the Del. Memorial or Commodore Barry bridges sometime; I just don't have the time to investigate all the spots I can drive to.
you should come down with us sometime.. we fish by the commador barry.... bring some beer with you and its all good

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
i go over to the hudson with my brother a couple times a year, got to fish for the bait up by a damn first tho, and i cant think of what the bait fish r called for some reason, but we usually do alright there,

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Well in NY they gotta be over 28 inches, we very rarely have to throw any back

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
91PowerRam said:
Whats a stripper how much does a big one weigh?
Striped bass, biggest one I ever got was 43" and 35 lbs. 3 yeasrs of fishing and thats my only keeper!! ::) Iirc, in Ct you are allowed one between 28" and 34" and one over 40" If you go out on a party/charter boat you can keep 2 over 28" (I think)

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
my dad still lives in NJ and has been surf fishing for over 30 years. he usually heads over to the beach on LBI before dawn when the tide is high for striped bass. fresh clams are usually the bait of choice but they do like eels and he throws out lures occasionally, all depending on season and weather.
i was more a fan of the bluefish runs when schools go up and down the coast chasing little schoolfish. when that happens i just throw out anything shiny and they go nuts fighting over it. less standing around waiting for a bite

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Also known as Rockfish here on the Chesapeake Bay! Life don't get much better than fishing for them on a sunny day on the Bay {cool}

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
You guy's gotta go at night and find the right spot and use live eels, once you do that throw in at dead tide as soon as it runs out if it's a good spot like my spot i can guarantee every line down hits on the 1st drift, then a 2nd drift for the 1 that got away and then a slow ride home trolling for whatever hits

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A lot of the lakes in SC have striper. They love live shad here.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i like fly fishing for them in the mississippi river, or thomas hill resevroir, i use a green floating frog, or greyand brown mice, works really good i think the minimum keeping size is 24" but i have caught up to 32" really fun with a fly rod, seems to take around 35/40 min to bring one in right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts