11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had way too much fun with this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still kick my butt for scraping and not fixing it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
Those are some cool pics, Skip.

I'll bet if you sold the 3 Chebbies you could buy and build another 70's RC.  ;)

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave one to my son...although I'm still working on it, ect. One is going to be scraped for parts and junk, the other I'm not sure. Have way too much in it to just scrap it. I have a plan just not sure about it. I'd love to have another 70's RC or TD. Just don't see it happening with todays economy. But you never know. At least I have the 91 and it's coming along okay. Need to fix the ac and the vss.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Non action pic

Attachments

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everyone called it a junky ol Dodge. But I liked it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
Toyradio said:
Everyone called it a junky ol Dodge. But I liked it
Man, that thing was mean looking. I'll bet if you had built that 440 and put some 5.13 gears in it, you could have won some mud competitions. It had a low center of gravity and monster tires. That scoop was just too cool as well.

I didn't bring it up during my first reply, but... what happened to it? I don't remember. I remember the TD, but I don't remember what happened to your RC. You probably told me over a campfire and Shiner Bock, which doesn't always equate to long term memory storage. :)

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent the motor to someone Jamie knew, the trans and t-case I kept and used in the TD along with the axels and tires. Swapped the tires for some new 38.5's and 400.00. Ended up selling the TD....2nd wost mistake I ever made. Sold it because I lived in some apts and they were giving me crap. @ weeks later we bought this place. The guy who bought it totaled it. One day I'll get to build me another 70's RC/TD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts