Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly sure what they are called and web searches are coming up blank so far.

I'm looking for some of these plastic clips that are at each end of the door panel pull straps. If anyone knows where to find them I'd love to snag a few up. Three of the four on my RC are broken like the second pic.

Thanks for any info.

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Wood Bumper Car Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
630 Posts
Well this looks like a job for me lol. I can re-make them. If they get sent out to me. I can reverse engineer them. But it might take me a bit since I'm getting through a small back log of request at this time. Have you seen my mega thread?

A faster way may be through ebay.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this looks like a job for me lol. I can re-make them. If they get sent out to me. I can reverse engineer them. But it might take me a bit since I'm getting through a small back log of request at this time. Have you seen my mega thread?

A faster way may be through ebay.
I did and I'm impressed with what you do! Awesome.

I'd be happy to send you one, fortunately one of mine is not broken. With your workload, what is your typical lead time, and can you do them in the right plastic to match the finish? Or, are they painted with some kind of a chrome paint after the fact?

I'd love to support a local RCC resource, and thanks for the response.

Reactions: HOBO

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
630 Posts
I did and I'm impressed with what you do! Awesome.

I'd be happy to send you one, fortunately one of mine is not broken. With your workload, what is your typical lead time, and can you do them in the right plastic to match the finish? Or, are they painted with some kind of a chrome paint after the fact?

I'd love to support a local RCC resource, and thanks for the response.
It depend on how much of a pain in the ass the part is lol. To put simply how complex is it and its application. Luckily its literally a square with some cut outs in it. So shouldn't be to hard to CAD. Right now I am doing it on the side in what free time I do have. So it could be done in a month or a few depending on how my life goes. and more complete / whole the part the better. Makes it as where I do not half to guess as much.

Now the finish part will look like the rest of my parts when done. White with a basic post processed finish. Which you can paint to your liking whether it be Chrome or Hot Pink in color. Its just cheaper this way but also allows you to build / customize it your way. The plastics will be my default nylon 12 material I use. Its a great generic replacement for about 95% of these polymer applications. For its used in damn near everything.

I Hope I answered all your questions.

and your very welcome.

Reactions: DODGEBOYS and jcm3

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I wonder if other vehicles (Chrysler products or not) shared the same or similar pieces? Those straps were common in luxury & standard vehicles. Our 1971 Chrysler 300 had them, as did 1984 Olds Toronado, 1980 Chevy Blazer, etc.

If you don't go with HOBO's idea then maybe contact a place that does upholstery & interiors.

Bucky

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, these clips were used on different applications throughout vehicle years. Problem is, it was a poor design and stress point on the outer part of these end pieces which is why they break. I would suggest if you replace them, to never use your door pulls as intended or they will eventually break again. I have to look around and dig up the part number, but if you can have them made would be the cheapest route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts