Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put oe 90's shoulder belts in 84 Ramcharger, the thing i noticed is the top mount for the shoulder.  Any suggestions, help or pics would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I put seat belts out of an 88 D-100 in the back of my truck.  The seats I used were from a Nissan P/U.  The seat belts had the retractor button that pulls the belts up when the door is opened.  I built some caps to make them think the door is closed.  Those buttons are not on the newer trucks, as I understand it. 

To solve the upper connection, I welded an angle bracket on each side to the roll bar.  You must understand that my truck is not really a RC and I really don't know where the roll bar would be in a RC.  Another option would be to look for a Suzuki.  The rear seats have a column with a bracket mounted that might be adapted to your truck.  I will try to get a couple of pics a little later and show you what they look like.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics would be great, thanks.

The rollbar is to far forward for the rear seat, i didnt think of that, that would've been a good idea.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
I'll be adding them to my pop top at a later date, but all of my shoulder mounts will be attached to the cage. Doesn't really help you if you plan on mounting them to the top.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oe for 90's is in the top but im sure there is some sort of reinforcement in there.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Ok, we'll see if I can make all the work.

First I found the Suzuki (The more I think about it, this was a Geo Tracker) with the mounts in it. I have no idea what year this is but it was one with an independent front suspension. Here are two pics of the mounts, one with the plastic cover and one without. I think if you click on the link below the pic you can get a pic that you can zoom some, at least on my computer.

workgoats.com/images/zuke1.jpg

workgoats.com/images/zuke2.jpg

---

I used these towers in the front of my truck. At the time there was a roll bar but no cab. I liked the towers because they had a place to install the retractor devices.

workgoats.com/images/front.jpg

---
And last, for the rear seat. Bear in mind that this is a home made body and the roll bar is made out of 1/4" thick square tubing. I used it to attach body panels to also so it's a little odd. Anyway, I attached a place for the top mount directly to the rear support. I don't know if anything like this would work in a RC because I have never had a RC with a roll bar.

workgoats.com/images/rear.jpg

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics and info, that gives me a game plan and some ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts