Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
HP (Magnum) manifolds work real good on the cars. They would never fit a truck. Each body style(a,b,c ) had its own unique magnum manifolds. I think the truck manifolds work pretty well. I have a 440 pickup and a 400 RC. They both use the stock iron. Once you have them flycut, they don't warp anymore. My father in law has a set of headers on a 440 W100. They seem OK too.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I have a set of the 6 pack exhausts, but they won't work on a truck atleast i don't think they will, still not better than a header, compared to the junk on the truck manifolds they are great

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question. We can't get the flys around here to do anything. Bzzz bzzzz, bzzzz all day long but no work ethic. Man, the welfare system needs some serious revamping.
What is a fly cut?

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Murdoch said:
what is flycut?
shawn
It's a machine shop term. It's the same as milling a head. The flycutter will make the mating surfaces perfectly flat.

·
Registered
367 Posts
All the BB hypo car exhausts dump right on top of the frame rail, the center dump truck manifolds tuck in close to the block at the outlet. I got a set of thorley tri ys on my 78 truck, i am very happy with them, they were a hemeroid to put on, although not as bad as the cheap equal lenght headers BTDT. The equal lenghts would burn a starter up almost annually and you had to loosen up the headers to replace the starter.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The manifolds I was currious about I just saw for a glance in a classic mopars book. They were more like short headers, cast it seemed, and the collector exited about at the rear of the block below the exhaust ports somewhere. If I remember right. They arent the manifolds pictured above, and I dont even know what they were on, cars or engines. I will have to go back to that car book store (Wilkinson's Automobilia) and see if I can find the page.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Only exhausts that looked like headers were on hemi's, the MW motors had a dump on theres but not a like header and you'll probably never them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.