Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one else do it.
I am a padi open water diver now. Leaving in the mountains there arent a whole lot of places to dive.
Dave

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Gonna try to get certified this summer!, have a lot of beautiful lakes here, spend the summers fishing and snorkeling.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
closer? you`ll be on the water, it`s everywhere in Charleston!
Keep us posted on moving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PADI Open water for 3 years now have about 50 dives. Maybe I'm just weird but I think it would be fun to dive in a fast moving river, maybe hit some rapids. it would be like a harcore drift dive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went on three dives in Jamaica. First time down was not a good experience. Second two were great. My wife just hit me up a week or two ago to try to start doing it more and get certified. Don't know yet. Definitely not ready for any fast moving water!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
PADI Open, and Advance Plus
SDI Rescue
Diving since ... '94

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
treefrog said:
PADI Open, and Advance Plus
SDI Rescue
Diving since ... '94
You in Greer? Dive in Jocasse or Keowee?
I live in Central, work in Greenville.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I live in Greer, work in Greenville.
I used to Dive Jocasse and Keowee. my head got to aching too much in Jocasse. so I stuck w/ Keowee for the most part. It has been a while since I have done much diving.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
treefrog said:
I live in Greer, work in Greenville.
I used to Dive Jocasse and Keowee. my head got to aching too much in Jocasse. so I stuck w/ Keowee for the most part. It has been a while since I have done much diving.
The wife is paying for my certification as a Christmas present! woo-hoo!! Finally gonna get certified! ;D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Certified PADI Open

·
Registered
963 Posts
PADI open water. I have no interest in lake diving, so I save and try to go to Cozumel Mexico. The trip from Dallas is about $650 and includes air fare, hotel, transfer to and from the air port, boat and shore diving from the hotel beach and leaves on a Friday morning and returns on Monday afternoon. You are in the water by noon Friday and the visibility is AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
DDGRC84 said:
ooo ooo, me me. SSI O-W diver. i have 8 or 9 dives. i want to go more, just not a lot of divers around here.

Jake
Started my SSI O-W today! What a blast, do it again tomorrow in the pool then finish up with some lake dives(Keowee). I told the instructor repeatedly that I didn`t need much /if any weights. When we removed them in the pool I showed him that I don`t float! The instructors had to grab everyone else and pull them back down except me. Gonna try to do the lake dive within tyhe next 3 weeks, just have to see what their schedule is. :eek:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
allright, I`m certified now! We dove at Duke power where the water that cools the reactors dumps back into the lake. I`ts warm and has strong current to it. We pulled ourselves along the rocks on the bottom to get in front of the dump tubes. The current was almost enought to remove your mask. When you let go, the current takes you away and will whirlpool you back to the spot you started(80 % of the time). We all made it back and did it again. Another couple was there and the wife was hovering around above us looking for her husband. He surfaced almost 1/2 mile away. Long swim back to the boat! ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts