Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone in my area ride a motorcycle? Its hard to find someone to go riding with.and I dont want to ride with a big group.I belonged to a club but it just wasnt for me(all my time is consumed here on the net anyways
so if anyone wants to go riding let me know

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
mrpeabdy1974 said:
anyone in my area ride a motorcycle? Its hard to find someone to go riding with.and I dont want to ride with a big group.I belonged to a club but it just wasnt for me(all my time is consumed here on the net anyways

If ya ride south, give a holler. I have a sweet old cb 550K and I just got a `76 Goldwing, will be a while before she`s on the road again. What do you ride?

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crashman said:
mrpeabdy1974 said:

If ya ride south, give a holler. I have a sweet old cb 550K and I just got a `76 Goldwing, will be a while before she`s on the road again. What do you ride?
I have a 1987 suzuki savage 650 and I have been looking for a longer ride then just wildwood NJ.Its a small bike but it does the job and I think it looks good even if it isnt a Harley.(sshh dont tell anyone but I think they are somewhat overrated :-X )I may ride down your way. I bought some gel pads for the seats and Im anxious to try 'em out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
mrpeabdy1974 said:
crashman said:
mrpeabdy1974 said:

I have a 1987 suzuki savage 650 and I have been looking for a longer ride then just wildwood NJ.Its a small bike but it does the job and I think it looks good even if it isnt a Harley.(sshh dont tell anyone but I think they are somewhat overrated :-X )I may ride down your way. I bought some gel pads for the seats and Im anxious to try 'em out.
Come on down, I`m riding a Honda CB 550K, have pics on my web page, click below(crashman) and look at Photo page. ;D

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those are great lookin' bikes.I always like the older ones. older bikes, cars etc.If I decide to ride on a 3 day weekend or something I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
My wife has agreed to let me buy a bike, for commuting purposes. I'm just wonder if I get a rice rocket or buy a Harley. The bike I would love to have is a Harley trike.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
1st off, a trike isnt a motorcycle.
I have many bikes, but my harley has gotten ridden more lately, in the last 4 years.
2 Interceptors
2 xs650 yamahas
TT500 Yami

2 XL350's stolen

Attachments

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mudshark said:
My wife has agreed to let me buy a bike.

anyways i bought a suzuki mostly because of the price.Cheap!If I had waited to get a Harley I'd still be waiting.
and yes it was awesome for higher gas prices last summer

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I like riding too.But I'd like to ride with someone but not a large group, just one or two others.I belonged to a club called southern cruisers but it was always big groups, and one guy I was gonna ride with only wanted to ride 2 miles and once he said lets ride to Shell's Hotdog restauraunt, only problem with that, I can see Shell's from where i sit right now as I type this...lol.I met one girl who rides but she lives in DE and we never were able to meet up anywhere.

I'd like to take a spin on your Goldwing, I have always wanted to ride one.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I also have a `76 Goldwing, not on the road yet.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
I have one of these, but haven't ridden it in the last 6 months or so, besides the occasional cruise around the block. It looks a bit different from that pic, has polished aluminum wheels, carbon fiber mirrors and levers, titanium exhaust, all the stuff under the tail removed, flush mount rear blinkers on the tail and tinted shield.

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I never really liked sport bikes at first, but they really looklike alot of fun to ride, I think I'd like to get one now.

How is the comfort for long distance trip??

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I drive 25 miles one way to work, so the crotch rocket would not work for me. I have no neck, so that would hurt me quickly.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Actually they aren't that bad. I have ridden mine 100 miles one way on several occasions. If you are use to riding there is no effect on your (like if you ride alot), but if you ride occasionally, like once a month, then take the long trip then yeah it gets uncomfortable. But if you ride alot, then nothing hurts on a long trek.

Drew use to ride his crotch rocket from Corpus Christi, TX to Lousianna, I think an 8 to 10 hour drive by car. He was making it in less then 6 hours :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
RCC_SaMiaM said:
Actually they aren't that bad. I have ridden mine 100 miles one way on several occasions. If you are use to riding there is no effect on your (like if you ride alot), but if you ride occasionally, like once a month, then take the long trip then yeah it gets uncomfortable. But if you ride alot, then nothing hurts on a long trek.

Drew use to ride his crotch rocket from Corpus Christi, TX to Lousianna, I think an 8 to 10 hour drive by car. He was making it in less then 6 hours :)
I tried flipping my rer pegs down, and laying forward on the tank on mine, my neck hurt after just 3 miles. :-\

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
crashman said:
I tried flipping my rer pegs down, and laying forward on the tank on mine, my neck hurt after just 3 miles. :-\
What kind of bike did you have? Some bikes are more comfortable then others. The old R1's had nice leg positioning but bad angles on the bars, CBR's had a nice tank location when laying on the tank and good bar angles, leg position isn't bad either, Ninjas are the most uncomfortable bikes I have ever been on, leg postion, bar posittion , just everything.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts