Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking this for a guy at work... He's got a 2000 Wrangler 5 speed and his clutch just went. The only thing he can't figure out is how to disconnect the range levers from the tcase to drop it. The Haynes manual is supposedly pretty crappy as far as hat part goes. He thinks it's a NV3500/241 combo, but he's not 100% sure.

He's also got a rumbling in the steering wheel at speed which he can't figure out. He just had new tires put on, (happened with the old ones too) so they're balanced, he thinks it's warped rotors, but he says there's no pulsation in the brake pedal. Other than a bent axleshaft or bad U Joint, I can't think of anything else that could be causing it.. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
64 Posts
As far as the transfer case shifter, i'm not sure either. I have a 97 and i haven't had to replace my clutch yet. I'll find out on our jeep website. What kind of tires does he have? I have 33's and they are bias ply and i always have a rumble in the steering wheel. When they were first balanced and put on i had a bad vibration, so i rotated the fronts to the back and it got much better. Bad balance job i guess. Maybe the steering stabilizer is shot.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, he figured out the range levers, so that's taken care of... As for the tires, they're BFG AT/KO's and the rumble actually started before he got new tires. It's something that he started to notice one day, and it seems to be a little worse now than when he first noticed it. He says only really happens over 35-40 mph, which seems to tell me it's a u-joint, but any other suggestions would be great..

Thanks,
Matt {peace}

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
WEll did he get it aligned after the new rubber ? I would do that sounds like somehting is out of alignment probably has too much caster and new rubber will make it more noticeable too .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts