Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first, I Have an 84 R/C with the SCC and i want to do away with it. Heres my plan, I want to go to a junk yard and get An ECU and the wiring so i can take off the computer controler. Next, i want to buy a 600 CFM Edelbrock and a performer intake manifold. I know i will have to buy the throtle attachment linkage and the kickdown linkage. What i want to know is if anybody has done this same swap or if you guys have any tips for me. I dont want to tear the truck apart and then realize i forgot something and have to wait for a week for parts to get here.

Also, on a different note, I want to change my valve seals, but i dont want to take off the heads. I know you can get the Compressed air attachment to hold the valves in the head, but i heard somewhere that you can take a piece of nylon rope and put it in the spark plug hole and then when u turn the piston to TDC the rope will be compressed and will hold the valves closed.

Thanx in advance............
C.J.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
MPP has a complete setup to go to electronic ignition. It comes with the distribitor, wires, controll box, everything you need. My dad got this for his 66 440 to go from points to electronic ignition. It costs about $150. But,everything is NEW...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the advice about the vacuum advance distributor. I never thought of that. What will happen if i dont use a vacuum advance, Ive heard of people not using one before, will it just make the engine not have enough advance? Duffys Ramcharger, I would buy the MPP conversion kit, but all my dough is going to the intake and carb right now.

C.J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts