Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 87 ramcharger 318 auto w/np208. i had to replace the transmission. when i replaced it i checked the the freeze plugs at the back of the engine and they look ok, no rust, no sign of leaks. i installed the new trans and after setting in the garage a few days i noticed antifreeze on the floor. looks like it is dripping at the bottom of the trans inspection plate. its not much but it sh ???ould not be there. does anybody have any idea where this is coming from. i cannot seem to locate it. thanks in advance for your help, ron

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Dont know, that can come from anywher and travels strange but if you are saying a leak from the back of the engine someplace check heater hose connections at firewall, intake and heads where you can get a look, bottom of oil pan in case its travelling from the front when your driving. The fan makes front leaks difficult with oil but the green antifreeze coming out as an engine heats up and develops rad pressure is easier.

·
Registered
365 Posts
get your self a inspection mirror and check the water pump it coule be that if is starting to go out
ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.