Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since KansasCrewcabs RC was stolen.  Any Ideas on a manual anti theft device. I've seen the alarms, disarmed tooo easily nowadays.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Ball Valve / Shut Off Valve mounted to the inside of the frame under the truck where you can't see it to kill the fuel flow.  They may get it started, but they aint getting far  :p

Manual Kill Switch for the Coil and or ASD hidden somewhere in the truck where only you know it's at or disguised as something else entirely (like say the power button on an EQ  :p )

The same could be applied to kill the "Start" Wire to the relay, they may get in, punch your ignition or hotwire, but they're still getting nothing to the starter relay  ;D

·
Registered
829 Posts
How about some kind of lockable fuel stutoff valve, located on the floor alongside the driver's seat? Or an empty gun holster lying in sight upon the dash, what theif would break into a car if he thought the owner might be nearby with a gun in his pocket?

G

·
moparmike72 said:
what theif would break into a car if he thought the owner might be nearby with a gun in his pocket?
i don't know i can think of quite a few dumba$$'es who would do that too.... :p

but yea a fuel shut off valve and what Chris said about a killswitch hidden under the seat or disguised as something else...

G

·
If you've got an electric fuel pump, a hidden toggle would would work.
An alarm thats connected to a train horn could do wonders lol.
A hidden E-brake (handbrake) inside the center console.
Removable steering wheel.
This wont work for most of you, but i plan on bagging my truck so every time i park it, the frame will be sitting on the ground and depending on where im parked, my switchbox will be in my pocket.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A kill switch to the coil sounds like the easiest way to go.  I think I'll do that one even tho I live out in the "Pucker Brush". ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Or even an RV / Motorhome Battery Switch / Control, alot of the older (with dodge drivetrain) BIG Motorhomes used a JUMBO Switch to completely cut the Positive Side from the Battery or Batteries.

Hide one of those up under the dash, or under the seat, under a center console, wherever and no matter what somebody does, they aint getting power to Anything in the truck  ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
88_mopar said:
IDK Chris, i think having to constantly reprogram your cd player would get pretty annoying. lol
Run the Memory Wire directly to the battery (With a fuse obviously), and install the Switch inline (but hidden) on the Main Cable(s)

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
If it's inconvenient, it won't get used.  So he needs something he can wire up simply.  I'm against the coil wire cut off because if it won't crank, a decent thief will just run a hot wire.  My preference is a fuel shut off as already suggested.  This would let the thief go only so far and then strand him nearby, hopefully abandoning the theft.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
ToxicDoc said:
My preference is a fuel shut off as already suggested. This would let the thief go only so far and then strand him nearby, hopefully abandoning the theft.
Especially if he really gets on the throttle to tear off in a hurry.. See ya in about half a block :p

And if you're crafty, you could rig up the Fuel Shut Off above the Tank (where it would never be found) and use Linkage/Cables to actuate it and hide the Knob inside the Cab where it can't be found..like say under the Shifter Boot (if you've got a 4-Speed)

Wanna lock your truck down..just reach under the shifter boot, give the knob a tug (or push) to close the Fuel Valve.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A buddy of mine had a 65 Pontiac 2+2. It had a kill switch under the dash. If no oil pressure on starty. How would You rig that up???

·
29,530 Posts
My Jacobs ignition has anti-theft built in....but I never use it.

It has a ground wire that comes out of the unit that goes to a tiny three-way switch that you mount under the dash. If it is active, you just need to move the switch into the momentary postion briefly shortly after starting the vehicle. If it gets started and the switch isn't activated, the ignition shuts off after about 45 seconds. You can also just leave it deactivated if you want.

Yeah, I realize this doesn't help much, but I just felt like typing.  :p

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Weld a chain to the floor and then wrap it through the steering wheel with a padlock on it.

What?  It works for the military.  ;D

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I bought an el camino from a my uncles friend but a few months before I did he said if I could drive it away it was mine and the keys were in it. It was a 73 SS with a console shifter BUT that was broke and I was puzzled. You had to turn the column as if it were a column shift auto but thats more hassle to do it on purpose than it would be worth. Id put a battery dissconect aswell as fuel shut off and leave the rottwieler in it at night. Stupid thieves

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
KThaxton said:
My Jacobs ignition has anti-theft built in....but I never use it.

It has a ground wire that comes out of the unit that goes to a tiny three-way switch that you mount under the dash. If it is active, you just need to move the switch into the momentary postion briefly shortly after starting the vehicle. If it gets started and the switch isn't activated, the ignition shuts off after about 45 seconds. You can also just leave it deactivated if you want.

Yeah, I realize this doesn't help much, but I just felt like typing. :p
MSD6a has the same provision from the gray trigger to ground.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Easiest would be putting a battery shut off switch under the dash or in the glove box tards will never figure out why its got no power it works lol ..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts