Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the skyjacker 6'' lift and I was wondering if the driveshafts have to be lengthened with this lift it would be for a short box reg cab 76 W100 thx guys for all the help/info

·
Registered
756 Posts
More then likely with that big of a lift. If you pivet your axles, you may be able to get away with it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crap, lol I think I'll just go with a 4'' lift seems like that would be much more simple but I'm trying to run a 35'' tire so I may just end up triming fenders ;D oh and totally of subject does anyone know what the redline is on a 400BB motor, chilton book list 180hp at 3600 rpm but that wouldnt be redline would it? ps only mod to the motor is a carter afb 4bbl carb ;D

·
Registered
321 Posts
I dont know about the redline question, but the 4" Rancho lift I used on my 89' clears 35's fine, even after landing an unsuspected jump. Still no fender damage

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, the redline question isnt that important seeing how I only shift by sound anyways. I stayed up till 1 am last night (had to stay up to watch superlift offroad adventures) but after that I stayed up and looked at the superlift websight and found out that the 5'' lift won't need driveshaft modifications other than griding on the CV joint for binding issues, so I'm going to go with there 5'' lift system. Does anyone know if the system comes with shocks or not and if it dosen't does anyone have a suggestion as to a good shock?

Oh and Does anyone run a dual shock system on there rig, I want a stiff road ride but I still want to get my full articulation off road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts