Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Dana 44, with non-full time 4x (on my stock '83) have c-clips on the axles inside the diff. I've been looking in my FSM and can't seem to find anything about the clips (remember the last time I asked one of these questions, I found the info right after I posted :-\)
Got a couple projects going, would like to change the oil, fix up the cover, seal the leak etc. But I'm collecting the parts to rebuild the whole front end in a month or so.... ball joints, brakes, axle u-joints the whole dang thing, just need to know if I'll have to open the diff again to pull the axles.....

Thanks

·
Registered
29,686 Posts
NO clips at all / the spindles hold the axles in / take the spindles off and they come right out

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
and you DONT have to open the diff to do it. hub assembly, rotors/brakes, spindle, and in some cases the calliper bracket has to come off then the shafts slid right out

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good, that what I was hoping, Thanks a lot guys, now I can keep getting things done....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but If he doesn't pull the diff. cover before he pulls 1st axle shaft out, won't his gear oil run out of the axle tube?

Just be prepared to catch it. Or you can pump it out of the fill hole on the cover with a syringe or a siphon tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts