Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my dads ford that im driving right now, the transmission wont shift out of 1st gear. it happened after driving out to the pecos river. didnt do any serious wheeling, just down dirt roads and through a couldnt mud holes that were on the road. dont know what tranny it has, its a 85 f150 2wd, the transmission, engine, and rear axle are all BRAND NEW! need some help. if you need anymore info about it ill try to find it but i gotta get it fixed, trying to sell it to get a dodge.

·
17,423 Posts
what kind of kickdown linkage does it have? my wifes blazer had the same problem, it ended up being the vacuum kickdown hose had broken. new hose, problem fixed. if it is a cable linkage for your kickdown, then the cable could be stuck or broken.

hope this helps a little.

eric

·
Registered
818 Posts
intenseimages said:
what kind of kickdown linkage does it have? my wifes blazer had the same problem, it ended up being the vacuum kickdown hose had broken. new hose, problem fixed. if it is a cable linkage for your kickdown, then the cable could be stuck or broken.

hope this helps a little.

eric
I agree. I had a chebby blazer with the same problem. Drove it down to the tranny shop in 1st gear and turned out to be a vacuum hose off....

JD 8)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am pretty sure its not a C6, i took it over to my buddies house who is a Ford guy, he said it wasnt a c6 since it was an overdrive tranny.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i looked and the vaccuum hose is attached on the driver side around the back of the tranny.

and No forget CO come to NM. dont know when were gonna have a get together or anything. but as soon as i find a truck im gonna make sure we have some.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked the hose, it was fine. and waht it pluggedinto looked fine.. the modulator is in the dirver side in the back of the tranny right??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts