Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this cam laying round the back of the parts house that i work at. Apparently it was a special order that never got picked up. What I'm wondering is. Will it be a good cam for an 84 318 rc 4 spd 4x4. Of course I want bottom end. Heres all the specs listed on the box.

Lunati Cam P/N 07402
Intake exhaust
valve lift .507 .507
Lifter lift .338 .338
Adv Duration 285 285
.050 Duration 235 235
lash 000 000
Lobe Cen 104 112

.05 Timing
btc abc bbc atc
14 42 50 6

What kind of Idle/Power should I expect from this cam. If its suitable, I can buy it for a steal! 45.00 Brand New, No lifters though

thanks in advance

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was afraid of. Guess I ll let it sit on the shelf unless anyone on here wants it.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh crap! I better take the 509 lift sucker out huh? So it hauls ass? Isn't that part of the game? I'm not taking my RC out to break it on some damn rock... I would not put a bigger cam in for the street, but that's just me. If I was racing, I would have solid lifters with a much more radical cam. I'm not exactly driving mine to pick up Grandma either. If your heads will flow, a .509 will go... It is geared more for street performance though. If you want to spend some money on head work and exhaust that cam will romp.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Ramjet said:
Oh crap! I better take the 509 lift sucker out huh? So it hauls ass? Isn't that part of the game? I'm not taking my RC out to break it on some damn rock... I would not put a bigger cam in for the street, but that's just me. If I was racing, I would have solid lifters with a much more radical cam. I'm not exactly driving mine to pick up Grandma either. If your heads will flow, a .509 will go... It is geared more for street performance though. If you want to spend some money on head work and exhaust that cam will romp.
nobody really said it wouldnt work, they just said it wouldnt work for the application he wants it for. if ouy read the first post, he says he wants bottom end, and that cam definitely is not a bottom end cam.

especially since the duration on it is a 2500-6000 rpm range

eric

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its just sittin there guys waitin on somebody to buy it. If somebody wants it Ill pick it up and just charge shipping. I was trying to beat on the boss today about it again, If I hold out might be able to buy it for 30-40 bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts