Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 16 Posts

· Registered
'73 W200, 440/727, 35s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I'm here talking to myself, I've been desperately trying to find a factory height measurement for a W200 to help with a license inspection. I've got the factory service manual and spent literally days/weeks googling brochures, dealer cards and road tests from '72 to '93 and height is the one dimension Dodge just refused to list. Best I can find is some Canadian dealer sheets showing 74 inches for late '70s Ramcharger and W-150, but they seem to sit lower than the earlier W200 and with smaller wheels. Any help with a reference document greatly appreciated!!

· Registered
'73 W200, 440/727, 35s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, sorry I should have specified I was looking for an overall/roof height measurement, as an 'all-in' measurement to work towards. This W200 looks to have at 2-3 inches of lift with blocks front and rear (rear blocks aren't factory) and extra leaves. Currently measures in at 79" roof height.

No underhood tag but I've grabbed some 16 x 6 F-250 steelies to take the big tires out of the equation for licensing - it was already licensed but copped a defect for height so up to me to prove it's legal. Thanks to trawling this forum I discovered the F-250 8 lug rims would work, I'll just run 7.50 x r16 or similar which should drop it 2".

Worst case I'll just pull the blocks out of it for now, trying to avoid blowing $$$ on new suspension given it drives perfectly and sits evenly with the current setup, I don't think the lift is excessive.

· Registered
'73 W200, 440/727, 35s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like the factory rear blocks were taller than what you have now but I could be mistaken. Yours has the odd 72-74 suspension which has the inverted u-bolts. I spy the divorced NP205!

As for a front blocks, it didn't come new with them & they're considered a no-no.

That's a good looking rig!

Bucky
Thanks for the info!

· Registered
'73 W200, 440/727, 35s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At a guess I'd say it's got four inches of lift, maybe a little less as the early divorced trucks did sit higher but nowhere near enough to clear 35s.

Here's a picture of my stock '77 W200 for comparison, it hadn't sagged much being a 318 truck, the one beside it is taller being a D60f plow truck.

View attachment 636227
Thanks for the pic, mine definitely looks a few inches higher, the front guards have been trimmed to clear the 35s also. We're allowed 2 inches of lift here before requiring a mod-plate so I'm probably going to struggle!

· Registered
'73 W200, 440/727, 35s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just recently got my dodge over the pits in Collie WA, and i thought i would have issues with the lift but nothing was said and it passed no worries.
Oh wow, maybe I need to take it there - yours is a beast! I'm in Perth so not that far.

I think I need to just put it over the pits and see what happens now, just wanted to have my facts straight beforehand.

1 - 8 of 16 Posts