Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man with a gun that knows how to use it! With ONE shot, this guy stopped a psychopath with some sort of long barrel gun (most likely a rifle) in a church. I'll bet anyone who was a Democrat in that crowd is now a Republican! RIP to the other 2 men who died. May God rest their souls

Registered
But guns are only used by good people who are totally misunderstood in order to commit mass murder.Normal people should never need a gun because the police can handle it.

JK.

Registered
the worst part is making gun laws stricter really doesn't prevent criminals or people who are messed up in the head from getting them and it really doesn't prevent people from killing each other. we have been on this planet killing each other long before guns where invented. i feel like i have been seeing more articles floating around the internet about higher death rates from knife wounds than bullets over the last few years. not like it is that hard to go into walmart or even a dollar store and get a bunch of knifes that would be just as good as bullets for killing people. i know a lot of people don't like my dad and the knife he carries since he keeps it visible so it is not a concealed weapon which he could be charged with even tho he has had cops try to convince him to conceal it just because people can't mind their own business.

Administrator
The good guy was part of the churches security team. They have had issues with the killer before, so they were watching him closely. He has even threatened the pastor, and fellow parishioners. If I understood the radio reporter right, one of the ones killed was also on the security team. Sad all around.

I do not understand why Texas had to change their law to allow guns to be used in places of warship. That should have been a local thing, as in the churches decision, not a state law.

Incidentally, joe biden verbally put down Texas when they passed the change.

Administrator
crazzywolfie said:
the worst part is making gun laws stricter really doesn't prevent criminals or people who are messed up in the head from getting them and it really doesn't prevent people from killing each other. we have been on this planet killing each other long before guns where invented. i feel like i have been seeing more articles floating around the internet about higher death rates from knife wounds than bullets over the last few years. not like it is that hard to go into walmart or even a dollar store and get a bunch of knifes that would be just as good as bullets for killing people. i know a lot of people don't like my dad and the knife he carries since he keeps it visible so it is not a concealed weapon which he could be charged with even tho he has had cops try to convince him to conceal it just because people can't mind their own business.
Many countries that ban guns, have suicide bombers. I have been within sight of a gun fight, and even ordered my soldiers to take aim at civilians (actually unknowns at that point), and to shoot to kill, if they did anything crazy, as I walked up to see what the issue was. And have had the pleasure of being within a mile of scudd missiles striking. With knives & guns, you have a chance at winning. Suicide vest/car/truck bombs, you are either in the kill zone, or not. There is no jumping over a wall, like TV has.

I have the tools and knowledge, to build knives, swords, guns, and even bombs. The simplest and easiest is to make bombs. When I was a teenager, I made several bombs because they were the easiest and most exciting we could do. We quit when we underestimated the power, and made about a foot wide hole in the ground, and broke some windows. Then later the Army invited me to Fort Lenard wood, and learn how to properly set off explosives, Calculate whats needed, and where to place it to destroy things. And my favorite, was the classes on improvised explosives. I got off track a bit, What I am aiming at, is these people are bent on doing harm. We as a nation, need to understand why. We need a way to catch them before they start a plan, and intervene somehow. It is not the accessibility of the tools, they will find something, a car, a truck, a rifle, and pick them off from a distance, A car bomb in the parking lot, as the [people are leaving. There is endless possibilities. What we need to get back to, is communities knowing those around them. Community policing, will never work when the cities look at the police department as a source of revenue.

Registered
yeah , who's kidding who ? how dumb does the "government " think we are ? or how dumb are we really ?
mental disorders happen , but we need to be aware of the fact that the wrong laws getting passed would remove guns from many trained former military " good guys " because they have a mental "diagnosis" from the war they experienced.聽

I've never heard of a crook who had a carry permit and who's gun was registered .聽 we all need to safeguard our belongings so they do not get misused .

ied's ? yeah I kept stuff like brake fluid by the gallon can , and fertilizer at home when the boys were teenagers, where'd that brake fluid go ? I know I had some !!!??!!

now some of that gets diluted with water and sprayed into diesel exhaust systems ( def) to make 2200' temps.聽

Registered
SuperBurban said:
Many countries that ban guns, have suicide bombers. I have been within sight of a gun fight, and even ordered my soldiers to take aim at civilians (actually unknowns at that point), and to shoot to kill, if they did anything crazy, as I walked up to see what the issue was. And have had the pleasure of being within a mile of scudd missiles striking. With knives & guns, you have a chance at winning. Suicide vest/car/truck bombs, you are either in the kill zone, or not. There is no jumping over a wall, like TV has.

I have the tools and knowledge, to build knives, swords, guns, and even bombs. The simplest and easiest is to make bombs. When I was a teenager, I made several bombs because they were the easiest and most exciting we could do. We quit when we underestimated the power, and made about a foot wide hole in the ground, and broke some windows. Then later the Army invited me to Fort Lenard wood, and learn how to properly set off explosives, Calculate whats needed, and where to place it to destroy things. And my favorite, was the classes on improvised explosives. I got off track a bit, What I am aiming at, is these people are bent on doing harm. We as a nation, need to understand why. We need a way to catch them before they start a plan, and intervene somehow. It is not the accessibility of the tools, they will find something, a car, a truck, a rifle, and pick them off from a distance, A car bomb in the parking lot, as the [people are leaving. There is endless possibilities. What we need to get back to, is communities knowing those around them. Community policing, will never work when the cities look at the police department as a source of revenue.
Guerrilla warfare won the Revolutionary War, George, and that MacArthur fellow knew his shit...

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/macarthurs-last-stand-against-a-winless-war/

The nice thing about cities, is that it all can be mostly contained there. Ever wonder what all those urban expressway sound barriers are for? ;) ;)

2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
Even worse here is the fact that as a former military member that was trained with weapons, I had to take a course in order to get a licence to own a rifle.聽 The military guns aren't the same as civilian guns apparently ???

Administrator
PowerWagonPete said:
The nice thing about cities, is that it all can be mostly contained there. Ever wonder what all those urban expressway sound barriers are for? ;) ;)
You are right pete. Thats one of those peskey details we have to relearn every time we go to war. To add to your knowledge base, it was a company from York Pa, that expanded upon on what they learned from the french & Indian wars. And also expanded the idea of snipers to the battle field. My Old National Guard unit, traces its linage back to The York Rifles. Washington often referred to them as undisciplined, and highly effective, a tradition we strove to maintain.

https://books.google.com/books?id=zz44AQAAMAAJ&pg=SL1-PA3689&lpg=SL1-PA3689&dq=walter+cruise+american+revolution&source=bl&ots=j11WpzoqX9&sig=ACfU3U2A3mlu_DMa9LpxAZ2RSvPn7l8Zvg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi339ncveDmAhVRrp4KHYgxAw8Q6AEwB3oECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=walter%20cruise%20american%20revolution&f=false

https://historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM2H3_captain-michael-doudels-company_York-PA.html

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as guns exist (including police and military weaponry) and ammunition is being made then you also need one to properly be able to defend yourself and others around you because as long as these weapons exist, crooks anywhere will be able to get their hands the weapons and use them. Honest people dont kill. Only corrupt people do. When was the last time anyone saw a shooter walk into a police station or military base?!? Never. Because people have guns in those places to shoot back! Cowards with guns pray in gun free zones. I wish guns never existed. But they do unfortunately.

Registered
When was the last time anyone saw a shooter walk into a police station or military base?!? Never. Because people have guns in those places to shoot back! Cowards with guns pray in gun free zones. I wish guns never existed. But they do unfortunately.

um ........... I saw it on cop tv and no while the folks there may have guns , they don't have the bullets ,

Honest people don't kill.聽 ??? may 4th 1970聽 ,Ohio , poor devils were assigned to do something that they should not have been asked to do .....聽 I'm honest ,but聽 I won't try shoot the gun from your ( ok the bad guy's )hand like tv westerns聽

Registered
dodge82273 said:
When was the last time anyone saw a shooter walk into a police station or military base?!? Never. Because people have guns in those places to shoot back! Cowards with guns pray in gun free zones. I wish guns never existed. But they do unfortunately.

um ........... I saw it on cop tv and no while the folks there may have guns , they don't have the bullets ,

Honest people don't kill. ??? may 4th 1970 ,Ohio , poor devils were assigned to do something that they should not have been asked to do ..... I'm honest ,but I won't try shoot the gun from your ( ok the bad guy's )hand like tv westerns
{agree}

Administrator
Canadian country boy said:
When was the last time anyone saw a shooter walk into a police station or military base?!? Never. Because people have guns in those places to shoot back!
2009. I did not see it personally, but knew several that were on the base at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting

The big problem, is identifying who the bad guy is. Like the security guard from the church the other day said, you cannot do something until the bad guy starts. They had a heads up, because the bad guy entered after the services started, and was known to them. If the bad guy had entered with the masses, and sat down, he could easily have done more damages.

Registered
I live maybe 100 miles from White Settlement. The church I attend also has a team of members packing, as well as several individuals who do so of their own accord. Plus we have an off-duty police officer on the premises during all assemblies, mainly to spot & keep an eye on the local riffraff that frequently is in the neighborhood. I would like to see metal detectors at the entrances.

Bucky

Administrator
Sad that you have to even think about that.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The other problem is that when a situation arises, the police are minutes away when seconds matter. That gunman also said the whole deal went down in less than 6 seconds. If you were unarmed (like we are here in Canada), you would be fu*ked if someone pulls a gun on you or a loved one! Canada is a gun free nation and yet people still get robbed and killed by guns all the time so obviously no guns does not mean no guns, only the cops and the bad guys have them but it's always the innocent that pay for it with their lives. Police shoot people all the time also. So what's the answer? The real answer is to remove ALL guns from existence including the police and military but that is obviously not logical so what is the answer? What's that old saying - if you can't beat them - join them?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are even talking about making gun ownership in Canada even HARDER to obtain a weapon. It's already hard enough to own a firearm. You're basically naked with zero privacy from big brother with your hands severely tied to obtain a weapon here.
The reason they want to unarm the world is because when they flick the switch they want as little resistance as possible.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SuperBurban said:
2009. I did not see it personally, but knew several that were on the base at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting

The big problem, is identifying who the bad guy is. Like the security guard from the church the other day said, you cannot do something until the bad guy starts. They had a heads up, because the bad guy entered after the services started, and was known to them. If the bad guy had entered with the masses, and sat down, he could easily have done more damages.
Wow that's crazy. I must have missed that in the news. That guy must have had a serious deathwish cause that's a great way to make sure you're not coming home. Either way it's not common that a gunman will pull a gun knowing everyone around him also has one. Or two. "Bad people" would prefer to have the upper hand and choose somewhere with no guns.

Administrator
Canadian country boy said:
Wow that's crazy. I must have missed that in the news. That guy must have had a serious deathwish cause that's a great way to make sure you're not coming home. Either way it's not common that a gunman will pull a gun knowing everyone around him also has one. Or two. "Bad people" would prefer to have the upper hand and choose somewhere with no guns.
The only soldiers with guns on a base, are the military police. The only time the soldiers carry guns and real ammo full time, is when they take a trip to a combat zone. So in reality, they are relatively gun free zones.

You probably missed this one also. Crazy that a foreigner can get a gun easier then most americans.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/pensacola-naval-base-shooter/index.html

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.