Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up? quick question- 83 pickup 318/727- sno commander pkg- last year put in a high output alt biggest i could find w/out swapping brackets its like 80-100 amps something like that- not a daily driver but it fires every time- can sit for months and she'll start right up- anyway- at the alt w/a multimeter she has about 17.3 v, and at the battery about 16.6 v, with all accessories she drops to about 14.4 v at the alt and 13.7 v at the bat. now, with a batt load tester/voltmeter its off the scale- when i put the alt in i don't remember if this is what i got for readings i'm wondering if theses #'s sound right? any help would be great thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Numbers look high to me...check the wiring between the alternator and the Voltage Regulator. make sure it is not cracked/rubbed through anywhere. If the wiring is OK, probably need a new voltage regulator. Parts store should be able to test your existing one before you get another...

-SM

·
Registered
537 Posts
Check for floating grounds! Your numbers are high. Should not see anything over 15 volts DC. You will start cooking components and wiring! Make sure that the voltage regulator is grounded well to the firewall and has a ground from one bolt to the engine. Don't burn up your Sno-commander.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts