Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
Community Manager
200 Posts
Hey there,

I replied in all threads - apologies for the delay. I can assure you i have bumped the ticket to the techs. Stand by for updates - thanks!

-Natalie

·
Registered
13,154 Posts
looks like sounds like  I vote it IS .

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VAdmin said:
Hey there,

I replied in all threads - apologies for the delay. I can assure you i have bumped the ticket to the techs. Stand by for updates - thanks!

-Natalie
It's been 8 months now. You guys take this seriously or not?

·
Administrator
Community Manager
200 Posts
Hey guys,

Unfortunately the only team that can fix this are backlogged but will get this sorted out when they can. When we hear something, we'll update you then. Ticket 2329476.

I'm sorry I don't have any more updates to give you at this time.

-Natalie

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
I think I found the issue. The Avea Media needs to be upgraded to Wedge.
I'm an engineer, not a programmer, but it sounds like a simple upgrade to me.

https://wedge.org/

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's been over a year now and the site has even less traffic, so I'm not holding my breath for anything.

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
I'm not. Just hoping for a surprise.

I did notice that if you use the Direct link, you can link to the pic, and it will show up in a post. and put it in the insert image code, it will show up as a clickable thumbnail in a post.
Like this from my album shown below.

So the pics are loading, the system is just not building the album thumbnail.

I need to listen to my Wife, and spend more time on my machinist forums, but they just keep triggering my machine & tool collecting disease.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
ToxicDoc said:
it's been over a year now and the site has even less traffic, so I'm not holding my breath for anything.
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen. SMF 2.0.2, no site software updates from 2011.

Maybe we should start a pool, as to when the site will die.

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
Eh, it's not all bad.  We were up 86.5K page views last month as compared to the year before.  Still down almost 4 million page views in 2017 compared to 2016, but we haven't been below 10 million since 2008.  New topics are down overall but new members are up.  There was a pretty big "boom" in 2011-2015 that I doubt will will ever match so that skews the numbers from the norm but we are pretty much back to where the site was in 2009-2010.

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I blame cash-for-clunkers.

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SuperBurban said:
I need to listen to my Wife, and spend more time on my machinist forums, but they just keep triggering my machine & tool collecting disease.
I'll be joining a Jeep forum soon and eventually leaving eventually too. I got married and rejoined civilization back in town. Don't need a plow or big 4x4 truck anymore.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Part of the problem across the Forums is Social Media Sites (FB).  However those sites are great for Look At Me post or I Need Help Fast, but for good searchable Build/Tech Support this Forum (and others for other vehicles) will be the best home.

It will take a little time for those users who stopped coming by to realize this and start moving back, but yea there are fewer consumers looking at these great older vehicles.

Long Live the Forums.

·
Registered
28,148 Posts
ToxicDoc said:
I'll be joining a Jeep forum soon and eventually leaving eventually too. I got married and rejoined civilization back in town. Don't need a plow or big 4x4 truck anymore.
sorry to hear that Toxic dude / l,m just about out of here my self after the PC edit on a post the other day

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
sorry to hear that Toxic dude / l,m just about out of here my self after the PC edit on a post the other day
This is still one of the best forum sites on the 'net as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not cutting ties, but I'll need help and to learn a lot more about my new ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts